Chapter 27

3 months later..

"SLAP!", the sound of that slap echoed in Oberoi mansion. That sound of the slap brought everyone out.

"What have you done Pinky?" roared Shakti, "Where is our son and daughter in law". Shakti and Tej had returned from a 3-month pilgrimage. Om had filled his Uncle and father in our what was happened in the past 3 months they were away.

Mahi stepped forward and held his father's hand before he could slap Pinky again. Shakti looked at Mahi and lowered his hand to stroke Mahi's face. Shakti looked in Mahi's black eyes and said "I always wondered about you. I always wanted to bring you home, but I could not find you" said Shakti as he touched Mahi's face lovingly.

Mahi looked at his father with the longing of a child, he was finally getting all the love and acceptance he never thought he would get. Shakti folded in his hands in forgiveness in front of Mahi, Mahi held his fathers' hand and cried with Shakti.

"Forgive me son, I handed you to that witch with these to hands. Her demand was that she wanted one you two or she would tell the world that your mother had burnt the factory" sobbed Shakti, "I did it to protect your mother" confessed Shakti. Tej placed his hand on his brothers shoulders and squeezed him.

Pinky felt like she had been slapped again, "what did you say?" she asked Shakti, she was shocked. Shakti looked in disgust to Pinky and roared again "had I known you would turn out this way, I would have never saved you, I should have let you rot in jail and I would have kept my son's together".

Everyone was in shock. Nothing was making sense. Om asked his father, "Papa, what is chachu saying?" Daadi was crying the loudest and was being supported by Gauri and Jhanvi. Tej began to narrate what happened that night.

"It was Diwali, about 30 years ago Shakti and I was at the factory with Kamini, Kamini used to be our secretary. She had come to extort money from us, she was going to tell the world that we molested her. She wanted us to pay her a few millions so she could leave us." Explained Tej.

Pinky found her voice and whispered, "she told me that she was pregnant with Shakti's child that same night. I had rushed over to the confront Shakti" said Pinky.

Tej continued, "Yes, we did see you. We saw you with a fire torch in hand walk out from a part of the factory that just started burning" said Tej softly.

Pinky shout her head in denial, "no, no, I did not light the fire. I picked up the torch and was coming to warn you. The next thing I knew I was in hospital and the nurses told me I lost my child", Pinky was breaking down.

Shakti looked at Tej to continue, Tej nodded and said "in that commotion Pinky had fainted and went into and so did Kamini. We had rushed the both of you to hospital and the both of you was in surgery together." Tej took a deep breath in and continued "it was Kamini who lost her baby. Pinky you delivered twins. Mahi and Shivaay".

Shakti held Mahi's hand continued, "Kamini threatened me that I did not give her one of my sons she would tell the police that Pinky had burnt down the factory. She would make sure that Pinky rotted in jail".

Pinky fell to the floor. Om and Mahi rushed forward to help her. Pinky kept repeating what have I done, what have I done. Pinky held Mahi and wailed, "I am sorry, I am so sorry, my son. Please forgive me". Pinky hugged Mahi tightly and cried into his shoulders. "You suffered for me; I am so sorry my son" cried Pinky. Mahi cried, he finally received his mother's acceptance, "It's okay Mrs, sorry Maa" said Mahi softly comforting Pinky. Om supported Mahi.

After a few minutes, Mahi tried to comfort Pinky best. Mahi whispered to Pinky, "Maa, lets go bring Shivaay and Anika back home". Pinky quietened down and smiled.

Pinky, Mahi and Om rushed outside and got into the car. Pinky asked Om and Mahi "Do you think Shivaay and Anika will forgive me" cried Pinky.

Mahi held his mother's hand, Om looked at Mahi in the rear-view mirror, "A mother never asks for forgiveness from her children, she has to just hug them, they will understand."

The drive took forever. Om and Mahi had not stepped into this chawl for the past three months as per Shivaay's promise. This time they know their brother will be coming home with them. They both smiled.

Om stopped the car outside the house, and all three rushed in. They stopped dead in their tracks. None of them moved. The blood drained from their faces...

Om and Mahi screamed "Bhabhi" together. Anika waslaying unconscious on the floor. 

AN : Apologies for everyone that follows this FF. I was a little preoccupied. I had a baby. My beautiful baby girl is now 5 months old. 

Thank you all for the consent encouragement and kind words. I cannot explain how much it means to me. I pinky promise to update more often now :)