Chapter 8

Anika returned home to find Mahi, Om, Rudra and Jhanvi sitting and having tea together. Anika was surprised to see Jhanvi. Anika ran to Jhanvi and hugged her and cried once more. Jhanvi understood.

"You saw Shivaay didn't you?" asked Jhanvi trying to calm Anika down.

Om Rudra and Mahi was surprised. They looked at each other with a little hope that all this would end.

Anika wiped her tears, "Yes, but he didn't see me", Anika wiped her tears, "I think I hit the final nail in the coffin".

They looked at her confused and Anika told them about the past few hours. Om Rudra and Mahi could not understand Anika, it was so obvious she was broken, that she was hurting. They wondered where did she gather the strength from to go on.

Jhanvi looked at Om Rudra and Mahi's puzzled expressions, "Love gives her the strength you idiots", Jhanvi answered their unspoken question, "You men can never understand the depth and power of true love"

Om Rudra and Mahi looked at each there confused "Now, what did we do" asked the three of them together. Obviously confused as to why they were being blamed for the stupidity of men in general.

Anika and Jhanvi laughed at their confused expressions.

Jhanvi wiped Anika's tears and kissed her forehead.

Anika asked how everyone was. Om Rudra and Jhanvi was not surprised by the question after all she was Anika, Jhanvi assured her that everyone was okay. Dadi was sad but she was coping for Shivaay. Om and Ru signalled Jhanvi not to say anything about Shivaay being sick last night.

Anika hesitatingly asked about Shivaay "And Shivaay? Is he okay? Last I felt him call me several times. I dreamt that he was in pain"

Om who could not lie once Anika shared her plight, they were soul mates. Their souls called out to each other. Om told Anika about Shivaay's attack. They assured her that he was okay now. Anika remembered his changed appearance and attitude and believed them.

"And Pinky aunti" asked Anika quietly.

Jhanvi smiled sadly "She thinks she has won so she is happy. She does not see how broken her son is. She does not see her karma coming back to bite her."

Anika held Jhanvi's hand, "Jhanvi aunty, I only wish that Pinky aunti stays happy. I hope she never tells Shivaay his truth. I can only pray that she keeps him happy always".

Jhanvi patted Anika's hand and smiled, "Anika, I am here for a reason. Mahi told us that you are looking for job. Do you remember my promise?"

Flashback...

"I will promise you Anika, only on one condition. You will do as I say, even after you leave here. I will not have you turn into me. You will be successful. You will not hurt herself and you will try to build your life for you and Sahil, promise me" asked Jhanvi sternly

"I have a business proposition for you" announce Jhanvi.

Anika was surprised. Anika was also very proud. She will not take any Oberoi money. Despite the gold digger image she tried to create – she was not a gold digger. She will not touch any Oberoi money. She had already compromised, Oberoi money had paid for Sahil's education and she did not forget the money she still owed the Oberois, no she will not take any favours from any Oberoi.

Anika was about refuse. Jhanvi stopped her "No, Anika. I know you are proud. I am not offering you any Oberoi money. This proposal has nothing to do with any Oberoi money" explained Jhanvi.