Chapter 14

Shivaay broke their eye contact first. Anika looked away. Shivaay moved to the pool area. He dragged his feet away from her. Anika moved to get her pj's and went into the bathroom. She turned on the shower and stood under it. Her tears got disguised in the water. Shivaay sat outside on the coach. Can he go through with this plans? Can he watch the only woman he loved marry someone else? She deserved happiness, something her could never give her. He had to go through with this for her. With a heavy aching heart he walked back into their room and settled on the coach. He heard the shower turn off and quickly pretended to be asleep.

Anika composed herself and walked out. She almost expected to see Shivaay on his bed but instead he was asleep on the coach. She walked closer and looked at him. She lifted her hand to caress his face but she stopped herself. She looked at him one last time and got up and walked away. She picked up her phone and walked outside to the pool area. This place help so much memories for them.

Anika dialed a number.

"So question Kumari finally remembered me" said Mahi on the other side.

Anika smiled "I was only calling to check if we still have a business" teased Anika.

"Yeah, yeah. I know you missing me" teased Mahi.

"Missing you please. I finally have some peace" laughed Anika.

"Peace. Then why are you calling me so late" laughed Mahi.

"Okay baba, I was missing you" laughed Anika.

"See I knew it, "laughed Mahi, "How are you Anika seriously" asked Mahi.

"I am okay I guess. Seeing him like this is breaking me. He has changed so much. He is like a shell of a man so empty" said Anika.

"The harsh truth, is that he is that way because of you" said Mahi.

Anika did not want to hear it but Mahi was right, "I did not think it would like this. When I left I thought his hatred for me will push me closer to everyone else but here it is the opposite. He has secluded himself from everyone." Said Anika tearfully.

"Hey, no more crying. You are there with him. You need to fix him. Like all the times he was there for you. You have to do that for him. Everything you did you did for him. It is time for you do that once more. Only this time you fight with him for himself" said Mahi.

Anika smiled, "I wish you were here" said Anika a little loudly. What Anika did not realise is that she now stood at the door of their room and Shivaay could hear everything.

"I wish you were here seriously. I miss you a lot. In these 3 months we have shared everything together. You need to be a part of this. I can't sleep without knowing you are near" said Anika.

Shivaay was fuming now. Who was she talking to he wondered?

Mahi laughed "you are with your family Anika. How can you miss me" said Mahi.

"You are mine as well" said Anika.

Shivaay was furious now. Had Anika seriously moved on? Did you just imagine all those feelings? What he saw in her eyes was that a lie? What is she playing at? Is she talking to Samar? Is he happy with this engagement? Is that why she did not say no?

"Okay. Good night now. Tomorrow is a big day for the both of us. Sweet dreams" said Anika smiling.

"Question Kumari, take care of yourself and him. Good night" said Mahi.

Shivaay turned and shut his eyes quickly pretending to be fast asleep.

Anika entered the room and looked at Shivaay. If you only you know who many people love you thought Anika.