★ | 007. haunted

Book: Control
Chapter 7: Haunted
Word Count: 3232

Amelia stared at Vicki who sat on her couch with a glare in her eyes

Amelia stared at Vicki who sat on her couch with a glare in her eyes. They had found the Donovan girl trying to kill her on and off again boyfriend Tyler and as much as Damon had wanted to catch her after the Lockwood was killed, Amelia and Stefan couldn't let that happen. She didn't need another dead body to deal with.

"I don't understand why I have to stay cooped up here. Why can't I just go home?" Vicki whined, her voice was very annoying and it brought a headache to Amelia's head. She wished the girl would just stop talking and listen to them. Of course Damon just had to turn a girl that didn't want to follow any rules.

"Because you're changing, Vicki, and it's not something you wanna do alone." Stefan was the one to talk to her since he had the most patience out of all the Salvatore siblings.

"There's nothin' about that Logan guy I killed in here. Not a word. Someone's covering it up."

"What is that?" Vicki asked as she looked at the golden object in the older Salvatore's hand.

"This is a very special, very old compass. What was Logan Fell doing with it? Aren't you curious?" Damon questioned his siblings. Amelia shrugged, not really caring what it was. What could be so important about a compass that they would need to worry about it?

"Well, Damon. You know you could always leave town if you're so worried. I'm sure me and Stef will be just fine without you." Amelia grinned sarcastically making Damon give her an unamused look back. She simply shrugged and took a sip of the blood in her glass. "I'm just saying..."

Damon gave her a look, "we should all be worried."

"Hey, um, I'm hungry. Do you have anything to eat?" Vicki asked with annoyance tinged in her voice. Stefan handed her over a cup and she looked at it curiously. "What is it?"

"It's what you're craving."

Damon scoffed, "heh. Don't lie to the girl. It's so not what you're craving, but it'll do in a pinch, right, Stef? What is it? Is it a skunk? Saint Bernard? Bambi?"

"Does it matter?" Amelia spoke loudly. "It'll satisfy her and that's all she needs at the moment." She looked at Vicki. "Just give it a try."

"She's new. She needs people blood. She can't sustain on that stuff."

"Yeah, why can't I have people blood?" Her voice was so whiny that Amelia had to bite her tongue from lashing out at her.

"Because it's wrong to pray on innocent people, Vicki." It was stupid that Stefan even needed to explain that. She was a new vampire and was already ready to hurt people. Unbelievable.

"You don't have to kill to feed. Just find someone really tasty and then erase their memory after wards. It's so easy." Damon spoke enthusiastically.