★ | 001. pilot

Book: Control
Chapter 1: Pilot
Word Count: 3083

She walked silently next to her younger brother through the crowed, ignoring the looks of curiousness and awe

She walked silently next to her younger brother through the crowed, ignoring the looks of curiousness and awe. Whoever her and Stefan walked together they always drew in a crowed. Besides this was a small town, anyone knew would probably earn a good amount of attention.

She was never good with it either. She was more of a suffer in silence type. She hated attention and much preferred to stay in the shadows and observe others then for them to observe her.

She stopped in front of the school office secretary, staying silent as she let her brother deal with the questions. "Both your records are incomplete. You're missing immunization records, and we do insist on transcripts."

Stefan smiled, "please look again. I'm sure everything you need is there."

The now compelled secretary smiled at them back, looking at the paper as if everything on it had changed, "well, you're right. So it is."

Amelia slowly turned around as she heard a particularly familiar voice. There she stood, Elena Gilbert. The girl that had been plaguing her mind for months now. Ever since Stefan had told her about the girl that he claimed to be nothing like Katherine Pierce. Their eyes connected and Elena smiled at her kindly.

Amelia tilted her head. She didn't know much about the girl, except for her striking resemblance to the girl she used to love. She wondered just how different or similar they were. She turned back around, thoughts swirling.

Elena frowned at the cold exchange and looked at Bonnie, "I don't think she likes me very much."

"She's probably just shy." Bonnie said. "I know these things. I'm psychic, remember?"

Elena laughed before her brother caught her eye and she sighed in annoyance, "I'll be right back."

Amelia heard her walk away, in the corner of her eye, seeing her walk into the boys bathroom. She raised her eyebrow, curious. "All down?" She asked, shoving her hands into her jacket pockets.

"Yeah." Stefan replied. "Thank you for your help." He said kindly to the secretary. The Salvatore brother and sister walked out of the office and of course Stefan walked straight to where Elena had gone.

Amelia knew he had some sort of obsession with her by the amount of times he talked about her. It was like he was already in love with her and they hadn't even had a conversation yet. Amelia leaned against the wall as Stefan walked to the door, only to stop when Elena came walking out, bumping into him. "Uh, pardon me. Um... is this the men's room?"