"Love"

This is entry for contest by celestialbloodlitmag word limit: 593

Title: "Affectionate"

In his eyes I can see myself, we build our affection in overwhelming waves. We don't need bundles of wealth, we don't need perfect health.
We could be as different as the sky and sea, but the feelings we have between us are more than anyone can believe.

Love is not just stemmed from him and I, if branches out to our family. We are two roses in a garden of green, intertwined and entangled with each other despite their words of hate.
A lot might disagree how easily we say we love each other but I don't think that's the case, I've known you for longer than what it seems, you're a lot like me.

Often I've been shunned of affection and yet here I am,
No longer can I deny our connection.
You say I'm pretty but I disagree, you tell me to shush and that I'm perfect being me.
I don't mean to rush but I love how you make me feel, I wanna know is this real?

Then again love isn't just what we have, it can go from me to mom and dad. Do you mind if I talk about them for a second? Cause love isn't just between two I reckon.
My dad is an amazing guy who works hard all the time, he gets by with only a little he never makes me cry.
My mom is not my birth mom but she's better in every way I respect her and love how she treats me each day.

For so very long I've been outcasted and unwelcome never had that many friends I did try to keep them I swear! But then they vanish into thin air.
About a year ago I found my dad who I was separated, met him not long after that.
I never really had a family to begin with my dad was gone, not by choice, but by my mother doing wrong.

I pretty much grew up with my grandma and youngest aunt, they took care of me they didn't treat me wrong. Suddenly my aunt up and left I didn't see her for a while, I was left with my Nan that didn't last long.
I was forced back to my mother she was a spiteful woman I wasn't a daughter to her she was a villain, I felt like I was gonna rot but then I ran away and felt better by a lot.

Now after a long time I was surrounded by people who loved me, my cousin Lewis is an amazing part of my family, I have aunts and uncles, cousins and all sorts of other family.
They each treat me like I was there all my life, I've never felt so welcome only one part wasn't right.
I had all the love from my family but that wasn't quite enough for me, I longed for someone to hold me romantically.

So take it back awhile to the very first day that we met, you held me close and didn't treat me like a pet.
I was more to you than I ever knew.
But you are more to me than you'll ever know,
Because you helped me grow.

I can't wait for you to see what I mean,
You'll learn how much you are to me.
I hope you like this my dear,
Because I love you in all that you do.

Love doesn't discriminate, it is ours to make.

(Dedicated to my boyfriend)