Two Years Later

Loki stood alone on the grass near a row of hedges, as per usual. Not much about her had changed since returning from Skull Island, simply that she had begun doing press for efforts and discoveries. These brief moments on the television screen had been the only times James Conrad has seen her as well. When they parted ways after returning to the main land and being debriefed, they hadn't reunited. Loki disappeared back to Scandinavia, hiding something from the world that she needed more information for to continue.

She watched Brooks and San dance together, San's white dress twirl as they shared their first dance. The ceremony had been gorgeous and heart touching, Loki was thrilled at the fact that they had fully gotten together. She was so entrapped in their loving moment, she didn't even notice the man who had placed himself beside her.

"Miss Andersen," a voice erupted beside her, making her jump ad look to her left. She watched the man stare at the couple and put his hands in his suit pocket. "You look lovely."

"James," she whispered. She wasn't expecting to ever see him again, so as she looked up at him and he looked down at her through his sunglasses, a smile began to spread across her lips and tears even brimmed her eyes. Any past displeasure with the woman seemed to fade from James the moment he saw her hopeful face.

"Loki," he said, his lips forming a smile and he removed his glasses from his face. She almost jumped to him, throwing her arms around his neck and his found their way around her waist. "Brooks didn't tell me you'd be here," he whispered to her.

She pulled back with a tear falling. "I can say the same for you," she said as he wiped the tear away. "Sorry, its just really nice to see you."

James looked at the dance floor as couples began flooding to slow dance. He extended a hand to her and smiled down. "Dance with me," he said. She was about to shake her head and he made a face. "Come on, it's the least I could get since you went MIA."

She smirked and let out a breathy laugh. She slid her hand in his and they began walking to the dance floor together. Once they reached their chosen spot, "My Girl" by the temptations began playing. James spun her into him, holding her right hand in his own while placing a hand on her lower back. She laughed as he took the lead. "In my defense, you didn't call."

"And what number should I have called you at?" he asked, smirking down at her.

"Touche," she said with a chuckle. She looked up at his clean shaven face, freshly cut hair. "You look good," she said softly. "Your girlfriend must be very fond of you."

James shrugged. "No girlfriend," he admitted looking over her head at the crowd for a moment. "Its been difficult making a connection honestly."

"Why do you say that?" she asked, furrowing her brows.

James shrugged his shoulders. He never truly admitted it but he had fallen for her on that Island. "Something about surviving that Island..." as he looked back down at her, she made a sympathetic face before gently resting her head on his chest, hearing his rhythmic heart beat as they swayed together. "What about you? Any boyfriend who might get jealous?"

Loki chuckled. "No," she said softly. "Something about surviving that Island." she felt his heart speed up and she carefully looked up at him and he peered down at her, an involuntary smile showing on his lips. "Maybe we weren't meant to come back."

James shrugged. "Maybe we weren't meant to come back alone."

"Brooks did say maybe we would find what we needed," Loki said in response.

"I'm going to kiss you now," he stated, releasing her hand and bringing it to her neck. Her hand found its way to her chest and she nodded. He ducked down to her, attaching his lips to hers and she responded with the same amount of force. It was exactly like their last kiss, only this time there wasn't a loud mouth soldier pulling them apart. When they pulled away, she leaned close to his hand his hand moved around her, pulling her in closely. "So, where have you been hiding?" he asked, looking down at her with tender eyes.