The Task

*Louis' POV*

"Louis! Carter would like to see you in his office,"

I looked up at the voice of my colleague, Samantha, talking to me. "Oh? Thanks Sam, I'll be right there," I replied, nodding at the brunette. I won,der what he wants. Carter Brown was my boss, he was the head of Spotted Brit, the celebrity spying agency I work in.

Our work was famous all over the UK, unlike us. Nobody knew us. Spotted Brit is a top-secret agency. This was decided by the founder. It really gives us an advantage, because this way we can post and spread all kinds of stories about celebrities. From their most embarrassing moments to the most life-ruining scandals, without causing any trouble for us. The celebrities however, well they just need to watch their backs, because we've got sources everywhere.

I made my way into Mr. Brown's office, my pace quickening with curiosity. "Carter! Erm...Sam said you want to speak with me?" I asked, standing in the doorway of the spacious room. "Yes yes, sit down, Louis." he gestured towards the empty seat opposing him.

His entire office was painted light blue, one of the walls made entirely of glass so you had a fair view of London's buildings and towers. His black, sleek desk was filled with magazines and pop-art photos of celebrities, while his walls were covered in framed, glossy blowups of some of the biggest sandals we have discovered over the past few years.

I lowered myself onto the chair and looked at him. Although he was my boss, he preferred to be called Carter. He was quite a charming lad as well. With dark hair and hazel eyes, he had girls falling like meteorites for him.

"So...Louis. I've been observing all the workers at Spotted Brit, and I've noticed how you have been doing quite an extraordinary job lately." wow. "Really? Well...thankyou! I'm glad," I smiled. "That was quite a piece you did there with the Kate Middleton topless photos," he added, giving me a wink.

"Oh yeah haha that was nothing," I'm a modest guy, what can I say? 

"But you didn't call me here just to tell me that, eh?" I inquired. Carter nodded once, opening his mouth to speak. "Yeah. Uhh...I have a task that I've been wanting to give to someone for quite a while now. And, watching you, I've come to the decision that you're the best person to give this to," He said, looking at me for a response. I just raised my eyebrows, motioning for him to go on.

"It's come to our attention that One Direction are making a new album? Take Me Home, is it? Live While We're young is soon to be released, the boys are yet to start a world tour..." he went on. I remained silent, not knowing what he was getting to.

"We need the inside scoop on those boys. I want you to spy on One Direction. But this isn't just some ordinary spying you'll be doing, this is going to last weeks, if it goes well maybe even more. It's a long task, Louis. I need to be sure you're up to it. What do you say, mate?"

"I-I would love to! Oh my god, I would absolutely love to have this responsibility, Carter. And I also do have a soft spot for One Direction," I winked at him. He laughed. "That's great, man! Okay, starting tomorrow. I'll give you all the info you need about them. Harry tweeted a while back that they'd be in the studio tomorrow at 5. You're gonna meet them out there okay?"

"Yes, sir," I grinned at him.

"Louis Tomlinson, you are going to have to dig deeper than the earth's core on these One Direction boys."

Hellooo! My new story. Yeah it's like wayy different from our other story and yeah this is yet another Larry fanfic. Unlike 'Remember Me?' this story i'm doing on my own. Me, Shay. :)

Feedback is always appreciated so comment, vote, fan! So i know my story's good enough to continue :3 I have looaadss of ideas for this one, like A Thin Line is seriously gonna go places. Loads of shit to happen hehe. Now you may rape the vote button. :) xoxo

Ps. The rest of the chapters are gonna be wayy longer, i swear. This one is like a prologue to tell you what happens in the real story.