Bullet 6: Wanna bet?

Snow started falling in the northern part of the Land of Dawn, its gentle touch was akin to flower brushing against the skin.

Two bodies were snuggling greatly, each searching for warmth that they found to one another. The threads of fate are slowly knitting to form a firm connection.

An alluring lady was nestled on the sturdy chest of a suave man, serene expressions were on their faces as if in a blissful dream.

The scene itself was comparable to a very beautiful painting, so bewitching and radiant.

That is until— both of their eyes fluttered open and the two figures who were just sleeping a while ago moved at the speed of light.

Lesley could swear she never have moved so fast in her whole life before.

They were in a deadlock, with neither having the intention to back down. One was pointing a deadly rifle ready to shoot whilst the other was prepared to slash the neck before him.

Mesmerizing emerald orbs fiercely collided with unrelenting brown irises.

The two were in a trance, they never saw such intense eyes staring at them like it could read the deepest, darkest secret of their whole lives. They knew, one would need go through a lot to have such eyes that hid stories.

They were so focused on one another that they weren't able to sense the approaching crisis before them.

The intense staring contest was broken when a sudden rumble of the earth interrupted them. They saw an avalanche coming their way and both glanced at each other to run.

The two couldn't explain it, it's as if they already know each other so well despite just meeting for the first time. The last look they shared made them understand that there's an indisputable connection between them so they decided to trust each other's back.

They have run 4 miles already, yet the savage avalanche was still on their tracks!

Despite running for a long time, the two were laughing so loud after escaping the near-death plight. They were very elated because there is someone who could match their speed.

"Lesley." The girl stretched her hands towards the guy, her eyes twinkling with delight.

"Gusion." The guy smirked and shook her hand. He was admiring how splendid and bright the girl before him, as if untainted by any darkness. However, the murderous look he received earlier reminded him to never underestimate Lesley in any way.

'Just how much sufferings and trauma did she experience to be like this?' Gusion wondered. He couldn't help but clenched his fist at the thought of the people responsible for her misery.

She was like the light in his dark and gloomy world. She managed to silence his demons and was able to calm his vengeful heart.

"Hey, you okay? You were staring at the rock as if you want to murder it." Lesley giggled, her sweet laugh woke up Gusion from his reverie.

"U-uh yeah, I was just wondering why and how we are here." It wasn't really the truth, but Gusion won't admit that he was in fact, marvelling at her.

"Don't you live here?" Lesley looked suspiciously at Gusion. Why else would he be here if he's not living in this world? Or maybe... He's just like her?

"What do you mean?" Gusion was confused, didn't she know him? He was the most popular boy in the capital because of his talent and looks, don't forget about his background as well.

"I also do not know where this place is..."

"Hmnn, it seems like I don't belong in this world, I'm from Magical city." Lesley was saddened to know she was teleported so far away from her brother.

"Wh-"

"Why don't we get out of this damned place first?" Lesley decided to end the discussion as she was on the verge of crying.

Gusion sensed her mood and thought of a nice plan to lift her spirits up. He stood in front of Lesley and held his gloved hands in front of her.

"Wanna bet? The first to find the exit wins." Lesley was intrigued, she love challenges. How unfortunate Gusion was, escaping was her favourite thing to do.

"What's in it for me?" She asked, mirth dancing in her dazzling eyes.

"I'll do anything you say and vice versa." Gusion replied. This girl is really funny, it made him want to pamper her more.

She smirked and dashed off into the distance. The man wasn't surprised, he saw it coming, yet he still allowed her to make the first dash.

The two then raced to one another, overlapping each other. Hearty laughs and shouts filled the whole forest.

They saw the exit and sprinted even faster. However, Lesley tripped and tugged at Gusion who was shocked at the sudden force ripping him away from his path.

He saw Lesley falling and without a second thought, he hugged and protected her from the impact of the fall. They rolled until to the exit of the forest and found each other staring at one another again.

They would've stayed there for forever without realizing it, but an awkward cough broke them away.

They saw an entourage of guards and a beautiful lady was standing in front.

The two quickly separated from one another and Gusion was shocked to see a familiar face!

"Odette?" The lady named 'Odette' raised her elegant eyebrows, a mischievous glint passed through her eyes.

"Oh so the popular Gusion Paxley remembered this princess' name?" Oddete joke which earned her a scowl from Gusion.

"I'm not a Paxley anymore." The sentence didn't fazed Odette, she more or less had expected it.

Lesley stood awkwardly between the two, curious to know who this lady before her. There seems to be a royal aura coming from her that keeps everyone in control.

"So do you ever plan on introducing this stunning lady to me?" Odette was really interested to know who managed to hook Gusion's cold and dark heart.

"I'm Lesley, your highness." Lesley was about to get on her knees when Gusion and Odette stopped her, "No need for such formalities dear. You're a friend of Gusion, so you're my friend too." The princess warmly smiled at her.

'No wonder she was able to capture Gusion's attention, she is very different.' Odette mused.

"Your higness, it is time to depart for the Moon King's kingdom and meet Lord Lancelot there." A royal guard reminded the royalty.

"Why don't you go with me? I'm heading to King Estes because he invited me to join his banquet, my husband will also be there." Odette offered, she didn't like the idea of parting with Lesley so fast, she felt that the girl is trustworthy and honest.

"Sure why not? I would like to take Lesley to different places for she is new here." The sniper was shocked, never in her wildest thought that a man would actually consider her wellbeing.

'Maybe it's because of their newfound friendship and similarities?' Lesley thought then agreed.

Seeing the scene in front of her, Odette shook her head before sighing. It was really obvious that they have feelings for each other yet they deny it. What's stopping them?

The princess was racking her brains for answers yet the only thing she could think of was that they're too dense or somehow new to love.

She decided to push the two closer in the entire journey to the East.