18

After sending my last text I began to tidy the house. Honestly it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. The only bad part was the living room being littered with empty beer bottles and cans. I sighed as I picked them up slowly trying not to wake my step father. I placed them all in the trash outside and headed back in. I checked my phone to see the time as 18:49. I smiled. Taeyong was coming in 10 minutes. Just then I got a text from Taeyong saying he is on his way. I nodded to myself as I headed back into my room. However I was stopped by my clearly not sober stepdad. He grabbed my wrist and pushed me into the wall. I screamed out until he put his hand over my mouth. I tried to struggle under his tight grip which kept getting stronger. I whimpered as his hand clasped my throat.
'S-s-stop' I said trying to get a breath out. His face neared mine as I could smell the alcohol off of him. It was intoxicating making it harder for me to breath. I heard someone knock on the door. I knew it was Taeyong as I tried to scream out to him but the grip around my throats was unbearable. I darted my eyes to the window to see Taeyong looking through. Panic across his face. He then disappeared. I questioned where he went until I heard a loud crash. My stepfather looked angry as I saw a blur and the grip around my throats was released. My stepfather was sprawled across the floor passed out. Taeyong grabbed my shoulders and turned me to face him.
'And I thought this was the safe place' he said smiling. I laughed as I shrugged.
'You don't look phased' he said again. I looked up to him to see his eyes full of worry.
'YN?' He paused. 'Has this happened before?' His voice was quiet and slow. I didn't want to lie to him. He was one of my best friends but I also didn't know what to say. I slowly nodded.
'It's never been that bad' I said quietly. He nodded. We both turned to look at the man on the floor as he stood up. He turned to face us. He looked between me and Taeyong.
'You must be YN's friend. It's nice to meet you, in her father.' He said putting his hand out to shake. Taeyong looked towards me confused. I laughed slightly and nodded. Taeyong shook his hand.
'I'm gonna go out for some more cigarettes. Do you kids want anything? Beer? Vodka? Wine, for a wee romantic night?' He said wiggling his eyebrows.
'We're good dad thanks' I said as I dragged Taeyong out of the living room and into my room. I dropped onto my bed as Taeyong closed the door behind us.
'Some explaining is needed' he said sternly looking at me. I looked up at him.
'He is my stepfather but makes me called him dad. He is ok when he is sober but is the definition of hell when he is drunk. He becomes violent and aggressive.' I sighed. Taeyong nodded.
'When he starts to drink, text me or one of the others, you don't have to explain to them if you don't want to, and we will come over' he said as he sat beside me. I smiled as I hugged him. He chuckled and hugged me back. We separated from the hug.
'Want to watch some Netflix?' I asked. He smiled and nodded. We sat at the head of the bed wrapped in duvets and blankets with a bowl of popcorn and bags of crisps as we watched (favourite film). It was a nice night and half way through the second film I fell asleep on Taeyongs shoulder.

Taeyongs POV

I felt a weight land on my shoulder as we watched the film. I looked down to see YN snuggling into my side. I smiled.
Why is she so cute?
I'll admit I do like her but I know she doesn't like me back. Especially not with Chenle in the picture.

That sounded psychotic, I'm not going to kick Chenle out of her life or anything. I just mean they share each other's feelings even if they are just the start of feelings.

I continued to watch YN as she slept and kept cuddling into my shoulder. She kept pouting in her sleep and it was adorable. Without thinking I slowly leaned down and pecked her forehead. I saw a small smile appear on her lips as her arms wrapped around my waist. I felt slightly panicked but happy. I smiled as I felt my eyes go heavy and my head rest on hers.