SCP-743073 (Take Note)

SCP-743073(Take Note)
Classification: Euclid (Formally Safe)
SpecialContainment Procedures: SCP-743073 will be monitored at all timesacross the internet in order to make sure that the art it generatesremains as innocent as it currently seems. -There are no otherspecial actions taking place as of yet. It is currently unknown ifthere is a physical location for SCP-743073 or not, as one has yet tobe located.- (would be stricken from the document) SCP-743073 islocated ---------------- where the structure is built around it. Itis currently unknown if more warehouses of a similar anomalous natureexist. This location is currently being guarded by operatives, as toassure no one new comes in.

Description:SCP-743073 is a large company which generates what is typically seenas extremely generic looking art for use in class rooms, seemingly atrandom. It uses the same face generic to put on most everything.Small, close-together cartoon eyes, a bulbous pink nose, and a largesmile with pink cheeks. Occasionally, it will change the style of thenose. It is yet unknown what makes it choose to do so. Physically,SCP-743073 is a warehouse full of humanoids which seem to bephysically unable to leave their desks or stop working at any time.These humanoids, classed as SCP-743073-1, appear to gather all of thenutrient they need directly from the seats they're stuck in. SeeAddendum 3 for more details.

Addendum1; Missing Artists
Recently, it has been noted that around thesame time that new material for the sites goes up a little knownartist, or someone who considered art as a semi serious hobby, wouldgo missing. It may be possible that there is a connection, and moreresearch is needed before anything can be confirmed as more thencoincidence.

Addendum2; Discovery
After several attempts to track IP addresses failed,the location of a large warehouse was brought to our attention byofficers attempting to find previous missing persons. What they foundwas a warehouse full of SCP-743073-1 instances. It was immediatelyreported to the foundation and a team nearby was dispatched. They setabout creating a parameter and further testing was to begin shortlyafter. All roads were cut off to prevent other civilians fromentering. SCP-743073 Description and containment procedures updated.

Addendum3; DNA Testing Results
After several samples from the SCP-743073-1instances were collected, it was shown that they are...or, at least,were, human. In fact, many of the samples closely matched those fromseveral of the missing artists. However, several of them seemed tohave mutations not yet seen by our facility staff. They all appear tohave purely white eyes, and it is unknown if they can see anything atall.
X-Rays proved inconclusive. While most of them still appearedhuman in nature, all of them have growths going through the arms andto the hands. It's assumed this is in order to control them, as wellas several connecting directly to the brain itself. These growthsseem to originate from the bases of the chair legs and continue deepunderground to a, yet unknown, location. Any attempts to remove themfrom their seats have ended in the neutralization of the SCP-743073-1instances and their bodies were sent for autopsy. Further testing isrequired. Paperwork filed to elevate SCP-743073 to Euclid statues.

Addendum4; Results
SCP-743073 elevation to Euclid statues granted
Bodiessent for autopsies show that these growths are organic in nature,from a yet unclassified fungus in the family Ophiocordycipitaceae,parasitic fungi. Currently, the motives of SCP-743073 are...unknown.Monitoring of SCP-743073 is to continue as planned.

Addendum5; Spreading Spores
Guards posted around the parameter ofSCP-743073 reported a young woman clutching a pencil demanding to belet through. The pencil appears to be adhered to the woman'shand.
She is frantic, attempting to fight her way through theguards and having far more strength then a woman her size shouldnaturally have. All the while, the pencil doesn't leave her hand.Woman was detained and taken to facility ------------- for testing.See Test 2 Notes for further details.

Test1; Premise
After the forced removal of several SCP-743073-1instances, the desks and chairs remained. Several D-Class personnelwere to be sent in and instructed to sit at the desks. They were tobe monitored through out this procedure in order to see what, ifanything, would happen. Notes of their hobbies were to be taken.

Test1; D-Class list
As the hobbies of the personnel prove to beimportant for this experiment, a list of them and their hobbies isincluded below
D-30682: Designated Subject 1. Hobbies includereading, writing, and music. No indication of mentalaliments
D-41793: Designated Subject 2. Hobbies include writingand sketching. No indication of mental aliments
D-29374:Designated Subject 3. Hobbies include poetry and music. No indicationof mental aliments

Test1; Results
Subjects 1-3 were placed within the warehouse and toldto sit at each of the 3 empty desks. No preference was made to whichdesk they should sit in. Observed results as follows.

Minute5: Subject 2's desk suddenly produces a paper and pencil similar tothose seen on the desks of other SCP-743073-1 instances. Subject isinformed not to touch them
Minute 10: Subjects begin to complainof boredom
Minute 20: Subject 2 states he really wishes he coulddraw right now
Minute 27: Subjects getting visibly restless. 2 isnoted as being moreso then the others
Minute 34: Subject 2 asks ifhe can start drawing. Request denied. Subject 2 continues to requestthe same for another several minutes
Minute 45: Subject 2 stopsasking if he can draw and simply picks up the pencil and beginsdrawing. He states that he has to draw. Something has popped into hishead and he has to draw it.
Minute 46: It becomes clear thatSubject 2's movement is more spastic then it should be.
Minute 48:Subject 2 is mumbling something which can not be picked up by themicrophones
Minute 53: A soft pulsing is noticed at the base ofthe chair which Subject 2 is seated in. Subjects 1 and 3 haven'tchanged other then their constant complaints of boredom.
Minute54: Armed guards attempt to make Subject 2 stand and leave. Subject 2refuses, stating he must stay. The students need him. Subject 1 and 3removed from testing area for their own safety
Minute 58:Researchers threaten Subject 2 with termination. Subject 2 looks atthem. It is noted that his eyes have already started to go white.Subject 2 states, eerily matter-of-factly, that he has already beenterminated.
Minute 66: Researchers order Subject 2 be removed fromhis seat via force. Guards attempt to lift him out of the chair tofind him completely stuck, attached by long, white tendrils. Subject2 screamed loudly at this, seeming to be in great pain from theirattempts.
Minute 67: Subject 2 was deemed an SCP-743073-1instance, and left.

Test1; De-briefing
Neither Subject 1 or 3 reported feeling anythingunusual while seated in SCP-743073's chairs within the time they werethere.
It would seem that SCP-743073-1 instances are not fullyliving beings. Or, at the very least, they do not identify as such.It appears that SCP-743073 chooses whom it effects, and only choosesto effect artists. In the beginning of infection, they can still feelsome sort of pain. A stark contrast from those who have been thereany length of time and whom don't seem to respond to any outsidestimulus.
No further testing has yet been permitted by the ethicscomity.

Test2; Detained Woman
The woman who mysteriously found her way to thelocation of SCP-743073 was detained and taken off location fortesting. The woman got more and more frantic the further away fromlocation she was taken until, about half way to facility -----------she seemed to have given up and gone completely silent.

Test2; Observations
While being driven to the facility, guards notedthat it appeared the pencil in her hand was throbbing. Attempts totake the pencil from her yielded only screams in both rage and pain,thus it was soon left alone.
Once having arrived, those whoreceived her were given what little information they had and she wasquickly taken to one of the medical bays.

Test2; Removal and Dissection
After heavy anesthesia, we were able toput the woman to sleep long enough that we could surgically removethe pencil from her hand. Only to find that the fungal strands had,by that point, worked their way up her arm and nearly to hershoulder. Anti fungal solutions were administered through her armwhile the pencil was taken to the side and dissected.
The pencilappeared outwardly to be a basic charcoal pencil. However, upon beingcut open, it became obvious that the core of it was the same fungalspecies as that found in the seats and the SCP-743073-1 specimens.

Test2; De-briefing
The woman seems to have fully recovered. We removedher memories and have placed her under watch after releasing her tothe police.
After some testing, we've come to the conclusion thatthis pencil is a reproduction method, or perhaps a recruitmentmethod. It seems to be able to latch to artists and warp their mindsinto making their way to the main warehouse. More testing on thispossibility is required.