Balloon Pop (Unofficial Heaven's Fall Sequel)

(Before you read! Please make sure you read the actual original story written by Mark Robinson!)

It's been over 12 years since the infamous Heaven's Fall was built. In those 12 years the ride has been in use exactly twice...and It has killed all 16 people who have ever ridden it.

The 1st use was on it's opening day. People thronged around the entrance trying to get into the heavily advertised and already heavily ridiculed ride. A series of unfortunate events during the building of the machine, combined with the outcry of religious believers, had cause the ride to already have quite the reputation. It was suppose to be a classic drop tower. 8 people go up, slowly, until they reach the top. The ride pauses, and then you drop at the mercy of gravity. Falling 100s of feet within a few seconds. It wasn't ever the 1st part that seemed to be the problem...

The 2nd time it was run, it was the same story. History truly does repeat itself. 8 excited riders, hoards of people in line, all waiting to ride the thing which caused so many problems the 1st time. Same unknown technical difficulties while it was being checked and inspected previously. Same...Same horrifying thing when it got to the top. The restraints raised at the very top, as though it was ready to be unloaded. The 8 riders panicked, the park workers panicked as well. It was happening again.

The machine dropped as is had been programmed, but the newly installed safety belts kept the bodies from flying out. Instead, it was...far worse, actually. It would have almost been preferable that they fly out and hit the ground. What...What actually happened, though, was 8 human forms being flopped around horrendously. The snapping of spines and ribs and other bones as the force of the drop made them fall forward, like a rag doll given to an overly enthusiastic child.

This,along with the ever declining state of World of Adventure, caused the park to be shut down a couple years after the event. It then got bought out by a traveling circus which was apparently looking for a permanent location at around the same time. They quickly set about closing it up and remodeling. It didn't take long, World of Adventure was already a very colorful park, very circus-like to begin with.They did add more circus-like things, though. Making it more of a carnival then an amusement park now.

They added all of their portable rides and attractions, including the extra stands. They had bought up the extra land around it so it wouldn't be crowded. The big tent was set up for now while a more permanent building was under construction. It was quite fun,actually.

The place re-opened pretty quickly, that huge tower still scarring the skyline of the park. But it was closed off, just as it was during all of World of Adventure's time between the 2 incidents. They were doing exactly what World of Adventure did. They were waiting for all the legal red tape to go away.

Meanwhile,they redecorated it. Hoping that removing the horrible imagery would help cover the reputation of the ride. It would also make it actually match the rest of the park. While it was closed, and while they were waiting, they applied a strange clown overlay. All of the fallen Angel statues were either replaced or repainted with clowns. There were balloons and balloon animals applied to it. The paint for this ride finally seemed to blend in to the surrounding area after all this time.

The newly revamped park swirled around it, more lively then before.Everyone watched with new found curiosity as the thing got it's multicolored paint job and, what was once a dark stain on the skyline, became a rainbow reaching toward the heavens. This renovation caused quite a stir. To say everyone was excited would bean understatement. But...things started to go wrong, as usual.

The whole thing...so let's start from the beginning. They started with checking technical difficulties and such. Hoping to stop problems again. The thing is...that all technical difficulties seemed to be...non-existent. Everything worked fine without people in. They put dummies in place and they see if that worked and there were no problems. No one could figure out what caused this to happen, even with the advances in technology. Not only that, but during maintenance and redecoration, several of the men working would just...leave. Say they's seen something and stop working on the whole thing. What that something was is...unclear. Some believe it was the ride's victims coming around but that wouldn't explain why the same thing happened during the actual building process.

You already knew that, though. If you're reading this, I assume you came for an update on what exactly happened to the one who wrote the initial post and...to be honest, I don't rightly know. I assume if they did as they said they would then they were 1 of them. I am posting this after having seen their post and realizing that it never got updated. Personally, I'm far to afraid of heights for that. I will, however, share what happened for the reopening of the ride.

It was an elaborate event, for sure. The ride had been renamed to "Balloon Pop", to match the now colorful and clown covered ride. I suppose this would explain the addition of balloons going up the ride. It would seem that everyone chose to believe this was safe now,and the staff enjoyed drawing people in. It was quite a show, to be sure. The cart now had a balloon shape, making the idea for this ride clear. 8 people got placed on the ride. There were more straps now,just in case...they were essentially in harnesses, only instead of being of a leash, they were strapped into a huge machine. Then, the bars came down, and that's where people started getting visibly nervous.

The 3 staff, dressed as clowns, started pumping up cartoonishly large pumps and up went the ride. The new owners had always been more theatrical. I'm guessing it's because of their circus past. Farther up they went as the clowns pumped away. Looking over, we also noticed that there was a board with a balloon rising a the same pace as the ride cart was. That was odd, at 1st, but it soon made sense.

As both the balloon and the cart reach the top, 1 of the clowns bounces over and plucks a dart from his hair. He then proceeds to pop the balloon with the dart and down the ride cart. The issue is...that everyone was so distracted by the stupid clowns and the loud music...no one noticed that the bars had raised...again...

Because of all of the straps, they stayed in place this time...just like last time...but that wouldn't stop the whip lash...