The Day I Got my Wand

I guess normally you're suppose to save the best part for last but, in my case, I saved the...second best part for last. The best part I did 1st, because the idea of walking around with a beautiful tangerine phase milk snake around my neck, a fluffy white ferret in my arms, and a lovely snowy owl on my shoulder the entire day was not to be passed up. I have a natural...affinity for animals, you see. And while my main familiar is definitely my savanna cat, who stays at my side at almost all times, I couldn't just...you know...NOT get some cool new pets. Besides, I'm usually given the ones that no one else likes because of temperament or some other reason...
Oh, I've gotten off track. This is meant to be about my wand, not about my animals. I went to get my wand last, as that would likely be the best and possibly hardest part. I had gotten all of the magical and non-magical things I would need, and had a rather large cart full of stuff. This is because I always tend to over-prepare for...anything. Extra quills, extra ink, extra everything. It is fortunate that the bottomless chest I have is within size to use for storing all of my things. In hindsight I should have brought it with me. It would have saved a lot of trying to figure out where everything would fit on the cart.
By the time I had gotten to the wand shop it was getting dark, and I was fortunate that Ollivander was working over time on some carving or else I would have had to wait. I was given several to try 1st.
First was an alder wand, but that ending horribly mostly due to my own stubbornness apparently. In fact, it didn't let me near it. As I reached for it, it shot away. Upon seeing this and how I seemed so in tune with my owl Opal, he handed me an apple wand. It almost immediately burned me for some reason. Probably because of my temperament, I would guess. Ash was next, believing my stubbornness would match it's own. but it seems my choosing the neutral path in most cases did not suit it's ideals. Cedar and chestnut came especially close but didn't quite click, and my own constant inner conflict repelled the black walnut. After all of this I found myself drawn to a light colored wand with dark veining, and was informed it was hornbeam.
Hornbeam...that is the one that came closest to clicking, but the 1st has a unicorn core which repelled me. I was fine with that, it was way to flimsy in both it's weight and it's spirit. I tend to have a somewhat overbearing personality and it shied away from me despite it's casing accepting me. The phoenix would not be tamed by my hand either, I simply had to pass by it to see that...but the dragon, it was perfect. Heavy in weight, long enough to comfortably use, and choosing me as it's owner.
It has a particularly large amount of what he called imperfections in the wood grain, lots of dark swirled into it, and I was warned that because of this it might not be as strong. But in my hand all I felt was strength. When he said that the tip started glowing, almost as a rebuttal against his words. As if was was saying "We'll prove you wrong" and I knew that this...this was my wand. This was the one I was meant to have.