"pathetic"

════ ⋆★⋆ ════
"and i'm not sad,
and maybe i'm to blame
for all i've heard"
════ ⋆★⋆ ════

a teenager smiled as the airplane she had aboard about 5 hours ago, finally landed to maine. oh how delighted the girl was, it had been forever since she's been to maine, since she's seen her parents, her friends. it made her blue, it has been two whole years since she's last saw them all.

y/n l/n grabbed her suitcase and began to walk towards the exit, expecting her father. she looked around trying to find the familiar face, yet he was nowhere to be seen. y/n then found a place to sit down, a place in which she would easily be seen if her father were to come and find her.

after a hour, no one was there for her. and she was panicking. "are you shitting me." y/n looked at a clock on a wall. she got up and placed her backpack behind her back, she looked around for a telephone, she eyed one and walked towards it.

she placed a quarter into the machine and began to dial her fathers number with her bright red colored nails, after 30 seconds, no one answered. y/n rolled her eyes, placing another quarter into the machine, again no answer.

"you know what? fuck you." she groaned, dragging her suitcase behind her, walking towards the exit.

she headed out and looked around, thinking she would see her father, but no one was there.
"pathetic." y/n whispered, walking towards a taxi, and getting in. "derry, please."

the taxi driver nodded and began to drive away. y/n leaned against the window, had her own father also forgotten her?

after about 57 minutes, she had arrived to derry, maine. she payed the driver and got out walking towards her small house, glaring at the small blue house, she scoffed, all the lights were on.

"they really did forget didn't they?" y/n sighed walking towards the front door. she knocked on it and couple of times, each knock getting harder and harder.

"jesus i'm coming." a male voice spoke, unlocking the door. he then opened the door and grinned, noticing his daughter. "y/n? oh shit, i'm sorry, i totally lost track of time."

y/n then got in, completely ignoring her father, walking right past him.

"y/n?" he asked.

y/n avoided her father once more and walked upstairs.

"y/n! where are you going?"

"how could you possibly forget?" y/n yelled, slamming her bedroom door shut. she looked around, noticing how shitty her room looked.

she then put her suitcase on her bed and pulled out a nirvana vinyl her mom had boughten her back in california, she then walked towards her record player and placed the vinyl in, turning the volume up.

she looked at her posters and pulled them off the walls, throwing them into her garbage can which was still full, from the last time she was in her room.

she threw everything she used to cherish in a big bag she found scattered in her room, she threw stuffed animals, posters, old books, vinyls, records, magazines, and polaroids into the bag.

after sometime cleaning up old stuff she began to unpack her things, putting up posters of her favorite bands onto her walls, putting new vinyls into their spot, putting her clothing into her closet, putting everything she brought from california into its place.

she then walked towards the door, locking it. she looked into her backpack and grabbed a cigarette packet and headed towards her window. she sat near the edge and began to smoke her cigarette.

y/n glanced around her neighborhood, oh it was very shitty yet she missed it. she thought about everything that had happened two years ago, wiping her eyes from unnecessary tears.

after a couple of minutes she unlit her cigarette and shut the window. she laid on her bed, looking up to her plain old ceiling. her thoughts then were disturbed from a knocking on her door.

"y/n, sweetie? can you open the door for me?" a female voice asked the girl.

"i'm kinda busy right now, karen!" y/n yelled over the music.

"y/n, open up the door right now! what the hell is wrong with you?" her father then began to speak.

y/n groaned, lowering down the volume on her record player and unlocking her door. "what? what do you want?"

y/n's father chuckled. "what do i want? oh well i haven't seen my daughter in two damn years and when she comes home she's being a bitch."

y/n rolled her eyes. "oh, you don't give a shit about your 'daughter'!"

"let's calm down now shall we?" karen softly spoke.

"no! who the hell does she think she is? who the hell have you've become?"

"huh. okay well first of all, i should have stayed with mom, she cares, unlike your ignorant ass! you told me last week that you would pick me up! you promised, yet you fucking forgot and you're here living the best life, with your perfect little family, eating dinner while my ass was in a shitty old airport waiting for your ass!" y/n yelled.

after a few seconds of silence, her father raised his hand and slapped her against her cheek, hard.

y/n gasped, touching her cheek, tears escaping her eyes. she grabbed her backpack and pushed by karen and her father, running out her house.

she put her backpack over her shoulders and ran to the quarry. she's never felt this way, she's never felt so pathetic. for fucks sake, her father just slapped her.

y/n got to the quarry and sat down near it, placing her head on her knees, hiding her face. tears widely escaping her e/c eyes. she then laid down facing the sky and the charming stars.

she prayed everything would be better. she carried a lot of weight on her back already and now her dad had become an asshole?