"Boy go on. You irritated me enough for the day." I laid back and turned on the 70" flat screen.

"You won't be saying that when I drop a bag so big you can't count it by hand."

"It sounds good." I replied without interest.

"Hungry?"

"No."

"Lina, how long you gonna be mad at a nigga?"

"Anthony, don't you need to pack some bags or something? You were so damn eager to leave...do it. Shit! And stop bothering me, pretending like you care that I'm upset, I don't want that fake ass sympathy."

"Alright, watch your tone now. It was cute at first, but you getting' beside yo mutha fuckin' self Lina." Anthony's hazel eyes went dark and I knew I had pissed him off. So the fuck what, now we were even.

"Well leave me alone like I been telling you to."

"Bitch. I don't have to do nothing you tell me to, you lucky I even told you about my plans, I could've caught a flight and said NOTHING." Anthony said with irritation in his voice.

The way he called me a bitch with no hesitation let me know that he would never respect me. I just didn't understand why he wouldn't let me go! Clearly, I was nothing to him and he was only keeping me here because I was pregnant, but it's like if he was gonna end up with another bitch anyway he might as well let me, and his 1st child go. Because wasn't nan bitch about to play step mommy to mine. Anthony walked back towards the door and I called out

"Better hope I'm here when you get back."

I watched his freeze in place and it took him a minute to turn around but if looks could kill I would've been dead in an instant. Anthony's face was clear of any emotion

"Try me." Was all he said but it sent a cold chill through my entire body. I had blew it, if I left now he would expect it. I was trying to be petty and fucked myself instead. 2 weeks? I couldve fasure been gone by then.

"Why cant we break up Anthony?"

"You wanna leave me Lina?" He asked me, this was the 1st time that happened and i got hopeful

"It might be whats best for all of us." I replied

"Over your dead body." He stated slowly and winked at me before he disappeared out the room.

Anthony's words left an eerie feeling in the air. I had put my own fuckin' foot in my mouth by saying that. If I was smart I would have just left, he was gonna be gone for two weeks he would've never known.

"Damn Lina, ol' dumb ass bitch." I chastised myself and stretched out on the bed.

I wanted to get up and check all Anthony's other stash spots to see if I could round up any more cash, but I was sleepy, so it would have to wait. I was in the middle of a great dream when my phone blared loudly, making me jump out my sleep. I peeked at the caller ID and it read "Anthony" I groaned. He hadn't even been gone a day why was he bothering me? I listened to my phone ring but made no attempt to answer it and it finally went silent. Within ten seconds it was ringing again, I knew this would be the result if I didn't pick up so I finally answered.

"I'm sleep." I mumbled

"Man, I been blowing you up for an hour! Ain't no way you been sleep that damn hard. Do I need to turn my ass back around or something?!" he screamed, making me pull the phone away from my ear.

"Anthony chill."

"Lina, I swear you better stop fuckin' playing with me! You thought that lil slick shit you was spittin' earlier was funny huh? I will be able to check on you so if you even step foot out that door I'm gonna know. And don't think just because I'm not physically there I can't stop you."

"What you gonna do, have someone follow me around?" I asked sarcastically

"Just know I got my eyes on you bitch." He spewed out before the line disconnected. I couldn't understand this man. He didn't want to treat me right, but he didn't want me to leave either; where the fuck was the logic? Time was running out, if I wanted to be gone I needed to do it before he caged me in again. I went into the bathroom and checked his safe, but that mutha fucka was empty. I sucked my teeth, I was hoping he had started stacking again since Marisol was gone. I rummaged through his dresser drawers, careful not to mess anything up but of course there was no money there. If Anthony was gonna hide something it wouldn't be that easy to find. I sat back on the bed and racked my brain, trying to figure out where he would hide his money. After about twenty minutes I hadn't come up with anything; all I knew about was the safe. I knew he had money in the bank but his ass had taken my debit card. Then it dawned on me, we had a joint bank account. If I showed them my ID I would be able to do a withdrawal! I knew that account had about 30K sitting in it but taking out 2,000 would be too noticeable. If I broke it down in increments of four & took 500 every week I could be gone by the end of the month. My apartment would be ready and shit would be good. I was gonna get away from Anthony whatever way I could.