Part 5

It was coming up on my nineteenth birthday and I wasnt even excited to celebrate. This was the third morning I woke up sick to my stomach, I wasnt stupid; I knew I was pregnant but I didnt WANT to be. My situation with Anthony hadn't gotten any better. After the parking lot scene I learned how to shut the fuck up and listen to what he said. Not even for his benefit but for the sake of my face. He had put a real tight leash on me hanging onto the fact that if I could sneak about a plate of food behind his back then I could be sneaking and doing other shit. He took my car keys away from me, said that if I wanted to go somewhere HE would take me. I expressed that I wanted to contribute financially and get a job he shut me down and said

"The man provides, the woman takes care of the household."

But the fucking household was being taken care of by the maids. That left me no room to do anything! I was sick of watching reality shows and music videos, I didnt have any friends to call over to the house which I'm sure Anthony wouldnt allow it anyway. He said until I could prove I was trustworthy he would always have eyes on me. Now here I was throwing up, head spinning in the master bathroom. Anthony was long gone, said he had a meeting and left without another word. He was always holed up at the studio, I was stuck in this damn house all alone. Once I was done I managed to get myself to the sink to brush my teeth. When I walked back into the bedroom Marisol was changing the sheets.

"I'm sorry Ms. Lina I thought you were gone." She apologized.

"Where can I go Marisol? Anthony got me STUCK in this mutha fucka." I snapped.

"Oh." Was all she said and she continued to make the bed.

"Marisol do me a favor. Call the car around for me. Since Anthony isn't home I need to go to the store"

I had to get some tests to confirm, even though I already knew.

"I can't. Mr. Smith cut off your car services."

"Marisol, I need to go to the store!" I stomped my foot.

I was tired of being treated like a damn child.

"I'm sorry miss, but I follow the rules that Mr. Smith sets." She shrugged her shoulders and walked out the room without another word.

I threw myself on the freshly washed sheets and screamed to the top of my lungs. What had I gotten myself into? I must have fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes, the room was dark, and Anthony was calling my name.

"Hey." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

"You hungry? Marisol said you been up here sleep for hours."

"Marisol got a big ass mouth." I said quietly under my breath

"What was that?"

"N-nothing, I could use some food though. What did you have in mind?" I sat up and stretched.

When I looked up at him he was dressed nicely in a Tom Ford button down and black slacks. I could smell his Hugo Boss cologne and his fresh haircut made him look edible. Anthony had always been fine to me but considering the physical issue in our relationship I hadn't looked at him in that way in a while. Suddenly, I was horny, and I needed a release. I reached for his pants, but he grabbed my hands and stepped back.

"Lina what are you doing?"

"I want some dick." I replied bluntly, reaching for him again.

"No." he snapped

"No?" I repeated, looking up at him.

"I have dinner reservations with a potential investor. I don't have the time."

"Okay, well gimme like thirty minutes and I'll be ready." I jumped out the bed, but a dizzy feeling came over me and I almost fell.

"You ok?" he asked, looking at me suspiciously.

"Fine, just got up too fast." I answered quickly. I was going to need to take a pregnancy test soon. 

"You're not drunk?"

"That's a negative Sargent." I snapped sarcastically, rolling my eyes. I was headed to the bathroom to wash up but he called out

"I won't need your presence Lina." I turned around slowly and frowned.

"Why not? I always go with you to meet the investors."

"And this time you're not." He peeked at his watch and started heading out the door, but I ran in front of it, blocking his path.

"I said why not?" I repeated.

"Lina, get out of my way and stop questioning me. I said what I said."

"I want to know why all of a sudden I can't come?!" I raised my voice higher as my irritation grew.

Anthony calmly grabbed me by my throat and flung me out of the way. I hit the floor elbows first and the pain shot through my entire body. He bent down beside me and let out a long breath.

"Its like you WANT me to put my hands on you. When will you get with the program? What I says GOES. No questions or arguments. I mean, unless you wanna get punched on."  He stood up, fixed his tie and stepped over me like I was invisible. I laid on the floor that and cried myself back to sleep.