"That this is the worst job in the world?" She nods.

"I'm just glad I'm not the one who makes the decision."

"Yeah, that's on me." I look at the long list of people we've seen today, ticks and crosses besides their names. It really was the worst job in the world. The details we had were their names, heights, weights and most sickeningly of all, the number of followers they had. "Fuck it. Fuck the numbers. I'm going based on who sold me the outfit, which means Grace, Charlotte and Corina."

"You're sure?" Olivia asks.

"One-hundred percent. Can you email them to let them know the shoot is on March 10th?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure. Where is it?"

"Not too sure yet." I say, packing my things away. "Maybe Toronto?"

"Why Toronto?"

"I need a distraction." I hum, walking out of the door with Olivia close behind.

"Shawn's from Toronto." She states absentmindedly, speed-walking to catch up.

"Uh, yeah. And?" I say slowly, unsure where she's going with this.

"You're friends with him, right?"

"Yeah, just friends. Why?"

"Do you have his number? It's just, when you told me to dress him the other day I got talking to him and he's just..." She sighs thoughtfully, "Well, he's perfect."

"Oh, uh... I do. But I don't know whether I should give you it. Privacy issues and all that. You know how it is." I dismiss her, feeling completely selfish.

"Yeah, of course. It's only me though, right?"

"I'll try talk to him for you?" I haven't decided whether that's a lie or not.

"Could you? You'd be the best boss, no, friend, in the whole world. I know people are saying that you're together, and I believed it, until today when I saw you get like that over Kal again."

"I'll see what I can do, but-" I consider making up a lie about him seeing someone, but my conscience gets the best of me. All the things she's done for me whilst she's been working for me; the least I can do is talk to Shawn. "I'll try."

She smiles widely, waving goodbye to me in the reception area of our LA offices. "Thanks, Aurora!"

IMESSAGE WITH rockstar

IMESSAGE WITH
rockstar

fashion icon
it seems you made quite
the impression on
my personal assistant