Chapter 2 - The Adventures Date

100 years ago.

Hi Friends,

            Andrew Here. I am an engineering student, loves making new machines, hates books and classes, and, moreover, nowadays one strange thing is happening to me. My heart starts to pound heavily whenever my eyes could capture the glimpse of Sara. Today, I amassed a lot of courage and dared to ask, yes, I dared to ask - could I imagine? -  I, a shy boy, asked her for a date. My first date. So,  at 2 o'clock in the dark night, I'm waiting for her here on the side of the road and nearby a sixteen-story building.

10 minutes have passed. She didn't come. Has she played a prank on me?

From the right side road, someone seems coming. Is it she?  or someone else? If he asks me what are you doing here, what will I reply? I choose to look at another side.

"Hi, Andrew!" Sara smiled. "I didn't hope you would come". What? I haven't slept properly several nights and was always thinking about you. I haven't bathed for many days, Can't you smell me? since I was always busy in thinking about you. I am sick of you and you say you didn't hope???.   

"Take this mask and put it on. It will be an adventurous date tonight." Sara took two black face masks out of her pocket and gave one to me. "I...I just wanted a simple... regular.. date....." "Put it on your face, you'll enjoy it" Sara interrupted with her sweet voice and a dashing smile on her face. She too put it on.  I am going on a date like a thief.

We were moving steadily across the boundary wall of the building. "May I know your plan?" I requested the adventurous girl politely while showing an extreme amount of care to my heart as well as my career. "Shhhh.....," She looked at me while putting a finger on her lips, peeped inside the building through a small window of the entry-gate, and instructed me, "Be quiet, the watchman seems sleeping, good! he should sleep for a long time." There was a stick in her hand. I didn't care for it so intensely until now. What will she do with that stick? Thank God! It is a thin stick. I breathed quietly.

Her hand with the stick went inside the window and took a little time to open the latch without making an audible sound. We opened the gate and sneaked towards the lift lobby; she pressed 4; there was no other one in the lift. "Do you live here?" I doubted on her whole adventurous plan. "We are on an adventurous date. Wait a while, you will come to know" she replied, put bubblegum in her mouth, and started chewing it intensely. I did nothing as I was in thrill of date as well as in fear of Sara's remaining adventures I have to face. For a few moments, I was just looking at her surprisingly. At the fourth floor, the lift door opened, she blew a big bubble and threw it with her full capacity towards a CCTV camera on the ceiling. Dangerous Girl! I am going to date.

We stopped at a flat numbered 4D;  4D was written in the dusty letters just above its main door and there was no nameplate. She took its hairpin out of her hairs and tried to open the lock using it. What a girl is she!  After a while, we were in. "Is it your house?" I asked although I was sure that it isn't her house and my whole life and career is now on the edge just for a date. "We will not switch the lights on. We are in Professor Ashutosh's house," she spoke calmly and removed her mask, but I cried in a shock- "What?".

"Professor Ashutosh is missing and there is a rumor that..."

"He was working on the time machine and he may be lost in an unknown time." She completed the sentence, looked calmly at me in dim moonlight coming through the window; suddenly, an excitement came on her face and she threw a question at me, "Do you love machines? Didn't you want to see a time machine?". She drew my attention and together we searched his home for a thing we don't know how it should look like. We didn't find anything strange except the computer-screen -

Enter the time from here _____ years/thousands of year/billion years

Enter Your name _____

Sara started scanning every paper on computer-table with her detectivelike  eyes and asked: "Can you check the computer to find any clue how time-machine works?"

"It is asking when to date and with whom "

Sara didn't care my joke and was busy with scanning papers. I tried hard to escape the running program and find its log files, but the computer-screen was intact as it seems this program is itself an operating system and it can't allow doing any other thing. Meanwhile, Sara found a paper under the table -

Going to 10000 billion years ahead- failed returned in the present time

Trying 1000 years ahead -

"This handwritten paper shows that Professor has gone 1000 years ahead  but didn't return, but it may happen that he doesn't want to return from a more advanced civilization." Sara suddenly cried enthusiastically "We haven't searched in the kitchen."

I thought the machine would be visible only after entering the values in the computer, so I entered  1000 years and typed Sara for the name. (My engineering mind has awaken.) I don't want to repeat failed attempts. I can learn from other's mistakes. Hey! I am a good engineer. I pressed the enter key and followed  Sara to the kitchen. The kitchen was similar to your's one, nothing strange there, not a piece.  From the window, I was able to identify the holy fig tree in the dim moonlight which was also falling on the fridge. Sara's mind works differently and I didn't know what thought led her to open the fridge. In a few moments, we disappeared into it.

We were surrounded by bluish light, floating flowers, bright rocks and stars at far. I was  astonished on the magic spreading everywhere. I was so lost in its beauty that I forget I even exist in this world; I was not feeling my weight. I turned back to see the scene behind me, and Oops! I started spinning, and applied my muscle power to stop me. Scene behind me was much vast and looked like a magical world. In fact, one might even think that this experience of beauty touched my every corner of every neuron so extremely that I forgot my date totally !.

I regained my senses when I heard a cry - "Ahhhhh...". It was Sara's voice.