Enter the Tiger's Den

Start from the beginning

"Hyperthyroidism," The scrawny man, spoke, his voice prickly and coarse.

"Of course, what a terrible illness," Dr Yuu said, sympathetically. "Hope you're on medication. I know a good doctor, if you need a referral."

"Let's cut this chit-chat short. I'd like to make it back in time for supper," Ricky stated, curtly.

"Yes Yes..." He placed the briefcase on the ground, beside him and reached into his pocket. He pulled out a photo. "I've heard that you had met up a man of my employer's interests." Dr Yuu shifted his body weight and pointed at the photo. "This man to be exact. He was once under my employment. I simply want him returned."

"I was under the impression that you brought me all the way here, to talk about your trade and your interest in my distribution services," Ricky said, his arms crossed.

"Of course, that would be for another day. My latest efforts are still in development," the hefty man, replied. "Please take a look. This man is of utmost importance."

Ricky took a long look at the passport-sized picture. "I am a smuggler. I get paid an agreed rate and I transport anyone to anywhere they wish incognito. I have assisted many people," Ricky said, evenly.

"I'm certain that you'd remember him." Dr Yuu set his lips in a straight line. "He would have paid you well above your market rate."

Ricky sighed. "Would it help if I say I don't remember."

Dr Yuu's eyes turned to slits. "You clearly do. " He kicked the briefcase forward. "Your information would not be for free."

Ricky sighed again and placed his hand on his hips. "Unfortunately, the said man paid me extra to silence those who ask." The three bodyguards raised their machine guns. "Really now, seeing as though we are future partners, I'll give you one chance to leave."

Dr Yuu drew a final puff before flicking his cigar away. It spun midair before landing into the waters.

And then, all hell broke loose

------------------

A few minutes before all the angry gunfire, furious shouting and thrown fists, Team Gai (with addition of Kiba) was in a discussion.

"Isn't this supposed to be a drug bust?" Kiba spoke into his mouthpiece. He sought refuge in the office.

"There's no discussion on logistics and shipment schedules," Lee agreed.

"Whoever he's searching for, that person may be the key to bringing down the whole crime organization," Neji explained. "Anyone has a clear view?"

"No," Lee and Kiba said.

"Tenten?" Neji asked.

Behind her mask, Tenten was reeling in shock. Due to the sharpness of the lens, Tenten was able to see a close up view of the individuals but as the photo was facing away from her, she was not able to get a good look. However, a few exchanges in words between Dr Yuu and Ricky later, the photo came into her view, which made her stomach lurch in recognition.

"Tenten?" the Hyuuga male said, his voice sharp.

"I-," Tenten began, snapping back to her reverie. "No," she lied. "I- no..." She tilted her head downwards, momentarily tearing her gaze away from the lens. The photo was of a young family.

Dr Yuu's cigar was the signal and gunfire came from the sea, penetrating the black sedan and killing one of Ricky's bodyguard.

A boat was waiting quietly in the darkness, carrying four fully armed men, wearing grey wetsuits. Another five men burst out of the murky waters, but scurried in opposite directions away from the fight. They were headed towards Team Gai.