Love Letter

This idea was suggested by @Mastermind64. Thanks for the suggestion!

Third Person POV

Ash is alseep on the couch in the loft that serves as his room. The moon shines through the skylight on the roof onto the sleeping teen. Suddenly, a certain Moonlight Pokémon makes a void in the moonlight.

The eeveelution starts tapping the window with one of her paws. The tapping causes a certain electric type to shift his ears before opening his eyes. Pikachu uses his paws to wipe at his eyes, so he can see.

All the while the tapping never ceased. Letting out an annoyed 'pika', Pikachu looks towards the skylight. Immediately recognizing his friend, he becomes less annoyed.

Spotting the letter in Umbreon's mouth, Pikachu then starts to wake up his best friend. After multiple failed attempts that either ended in annoyed grumbles from his trainer or no reaction, Pikachu does the one thing that he can do to wake the teen up. He uses thunderbolt, but of course not full power because he doesn't want to wake up Rotom Dex, Kukui, or the other Pokémon.

Finally, Ash wakes up from the electric shock that he's become used to and immune to the pain that it should cause him. He rubs his hand over his eyes.

"What is it bud?" The Kanto trainer quietly asks his partner.

"Pika." Pikachu replies just as quietly and points to the skylight.

"Umbreon?" Ash questions with a frown once he spots his boyfriend's Pokémon.

Said Pokémon's eyes glow, the telltale sign of her using psychic, and the skylight opens. Umbreon releases the letter from her mouth letting it fall to the human and Pokémon.

"Breon." She says then closes the skylight and leaves.

Ash and Pikachu look at the letter that has 'Ashy boy' written on the front before both shrug. Ash opens the letter as Pikachu climbs on his shoulder, so they can read it.

Ashy,

I missed spending time with you, so today was wonderful. Without a doubt, I know you missed seeing me too. Being alone with you and catching up reminded me of the past when we ran into each other in Sinnoh.

After I go back to Sayda Island, I don't know when we'll next talk let alone see each other. Don't let girls kiss you because you know something will happen once you tell me.

Arceus I'm so fucking bad at this. I don't really know why I'm writing a love letter to you and I haven't even written down the three words this thing is supposed to have. I guess what I'm trying to tell, or really write, you is that I love you which is weird because we argue, get into each other's faces, and we flirt by insulting each other.

But I guess I'm writing this because we could probably say 'I love you' more instead of in the rare moments when we are together.

Smell ya later,
Your boyfriend, Gary motherfucking Oak

When Ash is done reading the letter, he has the biggest smile on his face. He grabs Pikachu and hugs him tight. Sure when it got to the part about the girls, he shuddered knowing that his possessive boyfriend would do something bad landing him in jail, but he still loves the researcher.

After letting go of his partner, Ash hides the letter under the couch he sleeps on. After a few minutes of Pikachu already being asleep, Ash falls asleep still grinning.

Time Skip

Ash's POV

I wake up to Rotom shaking me. "Ash you need to get ready for school!" He says.