Chapter Two: Shock Is In the Air!

Start from the beginning

"Alright Ms Wilson, you're late." she stated.

"Um....I couldn't find the classroom...." I answered lamely, but partly it was true. I heard most of my to-be classmates snickering at that.

After Spencer jerk & I exited the Headmaster office, we glared at each other (to be exact, he gave me a threatening look) & then we walked our opposite ways. It was seconds later, I realized that it was high time that I figure out where I was to go.

"Be on time the next class onwards. Would you like to introduce yourself to the class?" Miss Martin asked me.

"Er....My name is Andrea Wilson..." I began awkwardly, facing the class, "I----"

"Don't say what we already know. " said some guy from one of the back benches , "Now don't say you have two eyes, two hands, two legs because we know that as well!"

All the students except Mark burst out laughing. I felt so embarrassed that I wanted to bury my head in the nearby wall. Miss Martin glared at everyone to keep quiet.

"Take a seat Ms Wilson." the teacher told me.

I had already scanned the room & located an empty seat next to a red bushy haired girl wearing rectangular spectacles over her black eyes. I walked up to the middle of the second row & sat next to her.

Ms Martin started to explain a prose chapter. The rest of the period passed how a normal English period should except that Mark gave me what-made-you-so-late looks while I gave him I-will-tell-you-later looks in return.

****

"You got what???" Mark asked me in bewilderment as we headed to the canteen at break time, "Girl! I survived for the whole first week without detention when I joined this school but you are a step ahead of me! By the way, you flouted the first Golden Rule."

"Did I tell you how amazing you're in comforting me?" I asked sarcastically.

He gave a silly boyish grin, "Whom are you serving detention with?"

"Oh Please! I don't want to spoil my mood again by talking about that arrogant jerk!" I spoke in disgust.

Mark didn't stretch the topic anymore. Just then my eyes fell on the same bushy red haired girl who was in the English class with us. She was sitting alone at a corner table & having her lunch. 

"Who is she?" I asked my brother, "Let's go & sit with her."

"Are you serious?" he raised a brow, "You want to sit with Laura Robinson?"

"Why? What's the issue?" I asked curiously.

"Well, I don't know." He shrugged, "She has practically no friends, haven't really seen her socializing anytime, prefers to keep to herself all the time."

"Well that may also be because no one tried to know her at all." I replied looking at Laura's direction, "Come on! Lets give her some company."

Mark reluctantly followed me.

"Hi Laura!" I greeted her brightly, "Can we have a seat?"

She looked up at me through her black framed spectacles & then shifted her gaze to Mark. I noticed her cheeks turning slightly pink before she quickly averted her eyes from him.

"Uh....yeah sure, Andrea....a-and....Mark...." she muttered nervously.

My brother & I sat with our lunch trays.

"So Laura, which elective subject have you taken?" I asked to start a conversation.

"Uh....I have taken.....taken Visual Arts.....as in photography and....film studies.....what about you?" she fumbled, as though confused & nervous whether to look at both Mark & me while speaking or only at me.