Chapter Thirty : Drake's POV (Part I)

It pained a lot, much more that I had expected, seeing Daniel & Andrea as a couple now....

I wasn't even aware that I was having feelings for Andrea until a nervous Daniel came to me in private after our team won the football match this evening and told me about his plans to propose her in the party. It struck me like a harsh bolt of thunder & tore me apart even before I could gather myself....I didn't make any efforts to prevent him but instead gave my good wishes to him. I watched Andrea accepting Daniel's proposal which inflicted a searing pain into me but yet I chose to stand quiet & not do anything. It was true I was heartbroken seeing them hug but maybe it was the right thing to happen for I knew I can never have her for myself....

On this romantic windy night with snowflakes falling from the sky, Daniel might be dropping Andrea home in his car & here I am walking alone on the desolated streets with an injured heart.....

I don't know since when I came to be attracted to her. I could never imagine myself to have feelings for her cause the last time I checked, I absolutely hated Nosey's presence but now....I Love her. I love Andrea.

I have no clue in what state I would be ending up each day henceforth seeing her with Daniel....

***

I didn't expect Grandma to be awake this late in the night when I got back home from the party.

"I knew something was wrong with you when I spoke to you over phone couple of hours ago." she said, sitting down next to me on the sofa.

"I'm fine Grandma." I replied.

"You like that girl Andrea. It was pretty evident when she had come over that day."

"I don't." I denied.

"I think you shouldn't hide the truth of your parents like this, at least from her." she said quietly.

I stiffened hearing that. I fisted my hands as I spoke, "Old Sins have Long Shadows. I don't want Andrea to bear the brunt of this shadow like me."

I got up & headed upstairs to my room, knowing that my Grandma was watching me with helpless eyes.

***

The next day at school was terrible right from the start. I came face to face with Andrea at the campus. My eyes met with hers but she immediately looked away from me. Daniel was with her and they were holding hands. It was hell difficult to see that.

" Drake, thanks a lot for your support." said Daniel, " I was really nervous. I've been telling Andy that I wouldn't have been able to propose her without your help."

"No problem." I responded, "Both of you look really good together."

but Andrea and I look best together.

My head was screaming at me to say that too but I held back somehow.

"Daniel, we should leave. I don't want to be late for class." Andrea told him & walked past me with him. She was making it quite obvious that she didn't wish to see me around her anymore.

She perhaps never had any feelings for me on the first place.

***

"Dude, Gabrielle is really hot. Had an amazing night last night." Mark confessed with a goofy grin when we were at the canteen later that day.

"Glad you did." I said.

"But what was wrong with you?" he asked, "I thought you would hook up with Daisy for the night but you left the party abruptly!"