Uncharted

Liam’s  POV:

I woke up and checked my phone as usual, because Danielle always sent a text when she got up in the morning.  I found the usual text from her and answered back, then clicked to the next text finding that it was from Niall.

Come to my room for a bit…plz…

A few minutes later, I was standing outside his room, tapping on the door.  Niall opened it and gave me a nod.  He moved back to stand by the glass door that lead outside.

“Are you okay?” I asked, closing the door behind me.

He turned his head to the side with a sniffle, then turned back to me.  His face was flushed, his cheeks streaked with tears. “She’s gone.”

“She left?” I raised an eyebrow. “Already?”

“A couples hours ago.”

“Well,” I shrugged.  “Isn’t that what you wanted?”

“I thought this is what I needed,” he replied.  “But now I’m wondering if I did the right thing.”

“Is that what you wanted to talk about?” I asked, resting a gentle hand on his shoulder.  “You want my opinion?”

He nodded.

“Niall, I don’t know exactly what happened,” I explained. “But, I can tell you that keeping it hidden and bottled in didn’t help anything.

“I didn’t know what else to do,” he replied.  “I’m not exactly proud that my girlfriend cheated on me.”

“When did it happen? I just…I don’t understand.”

“A couple months ago,” he sat down on the edge of the bed with a sigh.  “The whole time we were recording the album something was just off about her, finally she admitted that she had ran into Kyle-“

“Kyle?” my eyes widened. “Kyle Mathers?” 

Kyle Mathers had worked with us on the X-Factor tour, he was a guy that Katelyn had dated back in highschool, long before she had even met Niall.

“Yeah,” he nodded. “She said one thing lead to another.  Of course she tried to blame me…saying that not having any time for her took a toll on our relationship.”

“Oh my god.” I shook my head and sat down next to him. “I’m sorry, man,”

“I text her about a half an hour ago and told her that I loved her.  She told me that she’d prefer that I not text her for awhile.”

“Well,” I put my hand on his shoulder once more.  “You did ask for space, Niall.  So give her some too.  I really hope that the two of you can work it out,”