Rejection

Sierra’s POV:

After we knew for sure that Harry was okay, Paul took everyone to the hotel.  Of course, the boys were pretty pissed because the only ones that got to see Harry were me and Louis.  Paul said the boys needed to get some rest and he didn’t want the hospital swarmed with teenage girls.

Poor Harry.  I couldn’t believe what he had been through in just a few days.  Ontop of that, he was horribly stubborn.  He demanded that the hospital release him, because they had already admitted that there was really nothing more they could do for him, all they wanted to do was keep him for observation.  Paul and his mum tried to fight him on it, but finally, Harry made the point that both of them had to live with, he was 18 and it was his decision.

Harry was still irritated. The hospital told him that no matter what, they couldn’t release him until morning, because it was standard procedure.  It took begging from his mum, but he finally agreed. 

Paul had asked me to stay behind with Harry and make sure he didn’t give the doctors anymore trouble.  I was actually happy to do it, the boy had earned a massive amount of respect from me….standing up for his friend the way he did.

I managed to get a couple hours of sleep in the chair beside his bed.  I was jerked out of slumber when I felt Harry nudge at my shoulder.  “What!” I jumped. “Are you okay!”

Harry laughed. When my eyes finally adjusted to the light, I found him standing infront of me, dressed in his grey sweats and a bright yellow t-shirt that said, ‘Henderson General Hospital’. 

“What are you doing out of bed,” I said, sitting up straight.  “What the fuck are you wearing,”

“I figured I needed a souvenir,” he grabbed the hem of the shirt and held it out, smiling proudly. “First hospital stay in the U.S,”

“Better than the hospital gown you were in earlier,” I replied rubbing my eyes then checking my phone to see what time it was, almost 8am.

“Yeah, but you loved how the back was open,” he winked.

“Mmhmm,” I mumbled.

“Paul’s getting my discharge papers,”

“Oh, he’s back?  Guess I was sleeping pretty hard,”

“Yeah, and you snore like a trucker,”

“Excuse me?” I raised an eyebrow.  “I do not!”

“Heh,” he shrugged. “How would you know?  You’re sleeping!”

“You’re full of it,” I stood to my feet and stretched my arms up over my head with a groan. “I really wish you’d stay for the observation they say that you need,”

“Observation my foot,” he replied, pushing his curls out of his face.  “I hate hospitals. Ontop of that, the sooner I get out, the sooner the fans will know that I’m okay,”

“Are they still freaking out?”

“I had the tv on earlier, the news anchor was reading some tweets.  A couple of fans tweeted that if I died, they’d hang themselves,”

“Oh dear god,” I laughed, but stopped when I noticed the serious look on his face. “Oh come on! It’s funny!”

“No, not really,” he replied.  “They really do love me that much,”

“Pfft, they need their heads examined,”

Harry crinkled his eyebrows at me and shook his head.  “Are you saying I’m not lovable?”