The secrets must come out part 2

Amber -

I didn't think Jayce was serious when he said we were going to a counseling session this morning. He didn't even stay home last night, he grabbed his clothes and left, for all I knew he could of been with some woman. The excuse he gave me was that he spent the night at his mothers to gather his thoughts. Part of me wanted to pick up the phone and call her but that would be childish so I let it be.

I was trying to believe him, but the way his phone was blowing up non stop was telling me different. We were sitting on the couch waiting on our names to be called when his phone went off the hook. I looked over at him but he didn't even seem to care. It went off again and my attitude was starting to get worse.

"At least you can do is turn it off Jayce," I snapped angrily.

"It ain't shit but emails, you wanna check it," he said arrogantly as he handed me the phone. As much as I wanted too, I rolled my eyes and turned my head.

"Mr and Mrs. Taylor, hi I'm Nadine Woods," a tall, dark-skinned woman said as she came from one of the back rooms.

"Hi," I said as we stood up.

"Nice to meet you," she said as she shook hands with both me and Jayce.

"Follow me right this way to my office," she said with a smile while leading the way. We walked to the office and sat down on the couch while she sat in front of us.

"Do you guys mind if I write things down I just want to keep a fresh memory for later on, I promise I will dispose of it after our session, anything you say to me will be confidential," she said before crossing her legs.

"We don't mind," Jayce said as he sat back.

"Well where do you guys want to start? I mean what led you here?" Me and Jayce looked at each other, I was hesitant, and didn't want to say much of anything, I really wanted to know what was on his mind and where his heart was. So I let him do the talking.

"Well uh, everything everything was fine at first, Amber is and will always be the love of my life, we've been together since our twenties, she was in school and I was right there by her side, my mind was on the paper and getting things set up for us to have a good life now in our thirties and forties I didn't want us worried about anything, but now I guess things our going down a different path, and I don't want it to go that way I want us to stay married and to stay happy," he said.

"And what's the path that things are leading too?"

"Divorce, I mean if we keep going about things the way we go about them,"

"Can you be more specific?"

"I kept something from her something that I did, I didn't feel like I needed to bring that up cause every since I was a youngin, I was out here reckless in these streets not caring about what I did, but when I met Amber, I wanted to change cause she deserved better than that, and I I made a mistake, I messed up, and I apologized but now she don't trust me, it's like every move I make I'm lying about it now, and then accusing me of cheating I ain't never cheated on you babe, I tell you everything but that one thing and,"

He paused and looked at me before shaking his head. I was fighting back the tears that were building up. What the hell was wrong with me? I had a good man, a good man who was all about me, all he wanted was me, and I was acting foolish over one mistake he made.

"Amber do you have anything to say ?" I shook my head no.

"Amber how did you feel when Jayceon didn't tell you what he did?"

"It hurt finding out from someone else it made me feel left out like he didn't want me to be involve, it made me question things, him our, our vows, and when I found out what he had done I was scared, I- I didn't know who he was anymore,"