Chapter 3: Awake

Awake.

                It had been days since Kyle had been in the midst of the car crash but for him it had only seemed like hours. He hadn’t slept once since he absorbed the tremendous amount energy from the explosion, he had tried to sleep but just couldn’t. His skin tingled and pulsed, he could feel the energy pumping trough his veins. It felt absolutely wonderful. It was like being completely rested and focused while on an adrenaline high. He had even gone off to parts of the city at night when no one would be around just to see what he was capable of.

Most night’s he’d start by sticking something metal into the nearest outlet he could find and absorb just enough energy for no one to notice. Then he’d run and jump, leap and flip. He found himself able to run for mile after mile without tiring or having to even sit down. He could jump over five building stories straight into the air, and when he landed he felt no pain. It was one of the moments in his life he felt truly special. After a while he even discovered he was so much stronger than any normal man. He was lifting dumpsters and even cars. This power was the best thing that had ever happened to him, finally he had something that could help him turn his life around, something that could get him off the streets.

It was then that Kyle realized that before he had claimed this power, that he had been asleep. Now with the new found strength, this new found confidence he was truly realizing who he was and could be. He had never felt more alive.

He had never felt more awake.