Conversion of 1429

The Skeleton comedian Sans had once been a friendly, outgoing monster. His audience still saw him as such, as would his colleagues in the Underground. Few of the monsters would notice the subtle differences between Sans now, and Sans then. One of those monsters was a certain person—his brother, to be exact—named Papyrus.

"HELLO, BROTHER! DO YOU NEED ANYTHING?" Papyrus said energetically in the kitchen, chopping tomatoes for the usual meal (spaghetti).

"No, I do not," Sans replied.

"THERE'S SOMETHING DIFFERENT ABOUT YOU TODAY. CHANGE OF WARDROBE, PERHAPS?"

"No."

Papyrus looked over his elder. His thoughts kept him looking at his eyes.

"AH, YOU'RE WEARING RED LIGHT CONTACTS! A NEW FASHION, PERHAPS?" Papyrus said, before opening up a pack of pasta.

Sans processed the meaning of this phrase. It could be taken to mean conformity.

"In a technical sense." He replied, seeing that he had his chance. In his hands, he held a small but powerful device: a circular object only a little wider than a dollar coin.

"WHAT'S THE REASON BEHIND THE FANCY SPEECH TODAY?" The Skeleton asked, as Sans planted the device on his neck.

"H-HEY, WHAT'S—" 1429 abruptly stiffened as the process finished speedily.

"System online. Host body fully functional, no damage to report. Host's capability for capital font deleted," 1429 Papyrus reported.

1427 stood statue-still beside the activating unit. He had no orders at this moment.

"Understood. Scanning... Scanning... Potential match located. Identifier: Undyne Gnash. Relation: Teacher/Mentor of Host. Species: Specifically Unknown. Uploading data."

Unit Designation 1429 Papyrus, this target is acceptable. You are commanded to capture Unit Designation 1434 Undyne immediately. Unit 1427 Sans, you are authorized to assist if required.

The two mind-controlled drones then carried out their orders, 1429 leading the way to find the host's cooking teacher.