Chapter 2- what century do you live in?

Start from the beginning

"She won't so don't expect a call," Noel waved and she left, making a face at Noel.

"What was that?" I asked as we resumed walking to our French class.

"What was what?" Emma asked as if she didn't know what I was talking about.

"That girl," I replied back then added, "I thought we accomplished that I was the only mean one in our group. Never knew that I rubbed off on all of you before I left."

"She's a very problematic bitch," Candice retorted, bluntly.

"Oh," I said, shocked as the words came out of Candice's mouth. "Who are you guys and what have you done to my innocent brother and friends?"

"See you haven't been here for the last five years and you have lots to catch up on. For now, just know that staying away from that bimbo is the only thing that matters," Emma exclaimed.

"Well, this should be fun," I mumbled under my breath but Blake caught it.

"What was that?" He investigated and we entered a classroom and took our seats.

"Remember how I told you guys about Bugs' girlfriend?" I started slowly and they nodded along, cringing at the word girlfriend. "Well, she was the one who had her arms wrapped around him last night at the party."

"No," they all exclaimed in unison.

"No no no no no," Blake shifted his attention back to me. "That can't be it, he can't break our pact."

"Pact? What pact?" I asked but they all seemed to be in their own little world.

"How can he do that after everything that happened?" Emma exclaimed in anger.

"What happened?" I asked but no answer.

"He was onboard with the idea, in-fact, he freaking came up with it," Noel scoffed.

"What idea?" I asked again but received no answer whatsoever.

"There better be a good-ass reason for having that snake's arms wrapped around him or I swear to god that I will kill him myself," Candice added to the fire while I was still waiting for an answer to my first question.

"Snake? Why is she a snake?" I asked but again I was ignored.

I think their hearing was defective or they were using selective hearing because they were all ignoring my questions.

"Hello?" I shouted louder and got everyone's attention, quite literally everyone in the entire classroom. I looked around and found people staring at me in confusion. "What are you guys looking at?"

Quickly, they all looked away and my friends looked at me. "So, can anybody brief me about what the actually hell is going on here? Who is this girl? What pact? What happened? And why is she a snake?"

Suddenly, Venson walked into the classroom and a second later the same girl walked in behind him as well. Venson made his way and sat down behind me, next to Blake whereas the girl walked over to my right and sat down.

Emma who was sitting to my left, glared at her intently whereas Candice turned around in front of me and stared at her as well. Noel had a confused look on his face who was currently seated next to Candice.

What the hell was their issue with this girl?

She was so nice, she seemed harmless.

"Hey there again," she smiled at me and I just shrugged it off because my friends were glaring at me as if they will murder me if I said something nice to her. "By the way, I'm Linda."

"Nice to—" before I could finish my sentence, Candice started coughing hysterically. "You okay?"

"Now I am," she smiled then pursed her lips and looked between Emma and I. "So, we were talking about the party."

"The party..." I repeated and smiled. "Sounds exciting but, I have to get back to the Paris institute for mom's fashion designs."

"Get back? But, you just returned back here, Biscuit," Blake asked and I turned to face Emma so I could see Blake, Candice, Noel, as well as Venson.

"I know, I just have a couple more weeks of the internship. Mom transferred everything before leaving but my designs were with the client," I answered back.

"I wanna come," Candice jumped in excitement.

"This is Paris, like outside of United States," I stated and she shrugged.

"Your point is? Who cares where it is? I just wanna go there," Candice replied back.

"Oh so do I," Noel added.

"Actually, I have never been but I wouldn't mind tagging along," Emma also added.

"Why would I be the only one left here? I'm also coming," Blake added lastly.

"A trip to Paris? Are you guys actually sure about that?" I asked softly.

"Anything to leave this hellhole," Noel scoffed.

"Ma would kill me if she learns that I am taking you all with me," I sighed deeply as there was a minute before the class started. "I'll just ask Louis to send me the designs via email instead of actually going back."

"Louis? Who's that?" Blake asked in a little protective tone and I realized that now I had the attention of Noel and Venson as well.

From my peripheral vision, I found Venson waiting impatiently for an answer. I smirked and turned to Blake. "I will answer that when you guys answer my questions."

They all cursed under their breaths and shook their heads. "Tonight at our place, we will tell you everything and you return the favor."

"Deal," I replied back as the teacher walked in with a binder in one hand and a suitcase in another.

"Bonjour," he greeted us.

"Bonjour," we all replied back in unison, turning in our seats to face the front where he scribbled something on the board.

"Welcome to French. I am your teacher Mr. Dubois and I am so excited to teach you guys some French. It is quite hard to learn but once you catch the lingo, you'll love it," he introduced then started to share his personal life with us.

The entire time that he was talking, I felt someone staring at me. Slowly I started to turn to the side, pretending to fix my hairpins and found Venson staring at me, intently.

A smile spread across my face and quickly I turned to the front and played with a strand of my hair. As more and more people started to introduce themselves, I kept thinking about Venson.

Today was going to be a long day!

_______

hey guys, i had written this like last night but decided to wait until morning to edit it and publish it!

also, how do you guys like the story so far?

thank you guys for all the support once again! i love waking up to messages and comments!

don't forget to support me by commenting, sharing, and pressing that little star at the bottom of your screen!

have an amazing day beautifuls!