Chapter 10. Playing It Cool (FULL)

Chapter 10 Playing It Cool

.Niall’s POV.

I answered the phone to already know it was the boys wondering where I was.

“Where are you mate?” Liam blared through the phone.

“Leaving Central Park, I’ll be back at the hotel in about 10 minutes” I said.

“What are you doing there?”

“I’ll tell you back at the hotel, I’m about to get into a cab Okay?” I told Liam as I slipped into the cab seat.

“Sure thing, see you soon.” And we both hung up.

“Where to sir?” The driver’s New York accent was heavy and thick.

“Hampton Inn please”

“On my way.” His accent filling the car once more.

I sat in the back seat thinking about all the events that happened tonight. Her attitude, her smiled, her hugs, her kiss all left a permanent tattoo in my brain. The kiss was absolutely the best feeling I’ve felt in a long time, it was mind boggling to think that Sarah could make me feel this way from 3 years of distance. I could still feel her beautiful lips upon mine every time I thought about it. So soft, so gentle, so beautiful, and the more I thought about it, the more I wanted so bad for another. It was like a drug I was addicted to, but not a bad drug, one that makes you forget the world and just so magical and at ease. I loved it. Just then the cab arrived at the Hampton. I paid him and walked up the granite staircase, sort of avoiding fans as I went in. I walked up to the boy’s door and knocked because I hadn’t received a key yet. Louis answered the door and started firing questions at me.

“Where were you Niall? Central Park? What for? A girl? Niall Speak boy! Speak!” He fired question bullets my way.

“Chill, I was with Sarah guys.” They were all dumbfounded on who she was,

“She was an old friend that I grew up with” I opened the fridge and grabbed a water bottle and a bag of crisps off the counter top.

“Ohhhhhhhh…” Harry chuckled and cocked an eye brow my way.

“What?” I opened the bag of crisps and shoved a couple into my mouth.

“You Like her Niall! You Like her!” Louis teased and the rest of the boys snickered.

“No, I don’t . What makes you think that?” I protected myself.

“You’re a fucking liar Niall, YOUR BLUSHING!” Zayn Laughed.

“No I’m not, you guys are full of crap. Leave me alone.” I snapped hiding my face and went straight to my room. They all laughed at me no matter how many times I tried to defend myself.

I did like Sarah, no doubt about it. I just didn’t need the harassment from my band mates. Suddenly my phone vibrates in my pocket, I pull it out and my mind totally convinced it was Sarah. I opened it to see Louis’s name flashing on the screen with ‘You like her !!!You Like Her!!’ underneath it. Louis can be such a douche when it comes to girls, he doesn’t know his limits.

TO: Louis Tomlinson

Idiot

I typed back.

Maybe I should text her, or call her. What if she doesn’t answer? What if she does and is actually happy I text or called her? Since I was failing to make up my mind I settled it and I decided just to play it cool and casual.

To: Sarah

Hiii!

I pressed send and waited anxiously for a response.