And If... I finally deal with you ? | Part. 1

Start from the beginning

With that said, we left him there as we went back in RJ's room. I told the security guys to make sure to not let him come in in case he was planning to come back here and try to see my son.

"What was he even here for ? " Tam asked, still fuming. It'd been a few hours since Mr. Kash showed up and she was still upset about it. She couldn't calm down for some reason.

I placed my arm around her shoulders and gave her a side hug, letting her rest her head on my shoulder. "Stop worrying about him, lil' sis. Karma is taking care of him."

"Yeah, and he's reported now, so he's finally gonna pay for his wrongdoings." Auntie Suz added.

I nodded, agreeing with her. "Right. Now, let's forget about him and let's focus on us."

"Yeah...well, I was thinking about having a little party for RJ. It won't be extra, just with close friends and family, to welcome him back home whenever he's getting out. By the way, has he been cleared to go yet ? "

"He needs to stay the week here. Dr. Gregoirs is still scared that the poison has some late effects on his organs, so he prefers that he stays here as much as possible, so if something happens they can intervene immediately. But I like your idea though, we can definitely do that. What do you think about it, Tina ? " I asked as she became the center of attention, but she looked out of it to be honest.

"Uh...yeah," she mumbled, not really giving me an answer.

"Well, I have some things to take care of. I'll be back tomorrow first thing in the morning though. Bye." Mrs. Kash let us know as she stood up from her chair and gathered her belongings. She hugged everybody and went to kiss RJ on his forehead. 

He was still in the healing process and getting back to his old self, but the coma still had some impact on him causing him to sleep a bit more than usual. Dr. Gregoirs said it was normal though since his body was gaining some energy and strength back.

After she left, I asked Tinashe to step out the room with me once again so we could talk. She didn't protest and followed me. Tam and auntie Suz stayed in the room with RJ, so we knew he was in good hands.

We went in the empty cafeteria and sat at a table near the window, which was giving a view on the street that was also empty except for one or two bystanders that were rushing to their destination. We were in July, but the weather was yelling Fall. The sky was a mix of different shades of grey and covered with big clouds that seemed to get prepared to let the rain fall through them.

"Are you good ? " I asked concerned, "did you want to get something ? A drink or some food ? " Since Mr. Kash told us about his tumor, she'd been extremely quiet and in her own world. I knew she had a lot on her mind, but I couldn't know what exactly she was thinking about, and I felt like I needed to know. At least to make sure that she was straight.

She sighed in exhaustion, wiping her face before resting her head on the palms of her hands. "I don't know." She sighed again, "do you really think that he has a tumor ? Maybe he's lying. Maybe he said it to make us feel bad." She paused, licking her lips. "Am I a bad person to think this way ? "

I shook my head, "of course no. Nobody can't blame you to think this way after everything that had happened. You had to take a lot in in less than a week. This summer was rough."

She slowly nodded, looking into space. She then sighed again as she closed her eyes, and seconds later tears started falling one by one. My reflex was to wipe them away as soon as I noticed them. She opened her eyes and looked at me, silently asking for my comfort. I stood from my chair and sat next to her before motioning for her to get on my lap.

"Come here, baby."

She buried her face in my neck as she tightly hugged me as I caressed her back, hugging her back while rocking us left and right in a slow pace. "I'm not happy." She suddenly blurted out, causing my heart to shatter.