Threatend to be arrested

Quinn POV

At this, Gorden winced. "Don't call me that. I'm not your darling or sweetheart, not anymore."

Bullock frowned "Unfortunately, she's not wrong. As the representative from the GDOCPS (Gotham department of child protective services) she has the right to know any plans concerning the Bella."

"She's within her rights as the GDOCPS representative to request your arrest due to your refusal to provide the necessary information needed to locate Bella." Before Bruce could reply Alfred stepped in front of us.

"Your got to be bloody kidding me. Your not placing Miss Young under arrest if I have anything to say about it." Alfred replied.

"Believe me, I don't want to do this. I hate Mrs. Falcone just as much as the next guy, but our hands are tied. You have to tell us what you know." Bullock replied.

"All I can tell you is that I'm 99% certain that wherever Bella is, she is safe."

"Yeah, and how would you know that?" Sofia replied.

"Because, Her brother and I are not the only ones who care about Her." I replied.

"Oh yeah, who else cares about the precious little thing?" Sofia replied wincing at having to call Bella precious.

"Wouldn't you like to know. Let's just say that they would kill you without batting so much as an eye."

"Is that supposed to scare me into backing off? Your attempt to frighten me into giving up on locating Bella is pathetic. Your just angry that I won't let you keep her and so your trying everything you can to get me to back off. Well it won't work."

"No, what is making me angry is that you are trying to use Bella to blackmail and hurt me.!Just like you tried to use Marvin to blackmail Penguin into giving you control over the underworld. There is one thing I'm curious about though, what made you think that this would work?"

"Because unlike last time, I have the law on my side. Isn't that right Jim darling?" Sofia asked blowing Jim a kiss.

"I told you not to call me that." Jim grumbled irritation flashing in his eyes. "And No. I am not on your side."

"Jim we may not like it but legally we have no choice but to side with Sofia. She is after all, a representative of the GDOCPS." Bullock replied.

"I really am sorry Quinn, but Bullock's right our hands are tied. As a representative of the GDOCPS Sofia has every right to take Bella into custody again when we locate her."

"You promised that you'd protect her from Falcone. Yet, here you are siding with her. I guess I shouldn't be surprise though. You betrayed your own friend in order to gain control over the GCPD. Why should you care about someone like Bella? Jerome was right. I put way to much faith in you and your bearded friend." I reply bitterly.

At this, Jim looked hurt and Bruce placed a hand on my shoulder pulling me into a hug. "Quinn your not being fair. Jim has to follow procedures even if he doesn't like them. Can't you tell that he's torn?"

"Quinn, I am truly sorry, I tried doing what I thought was best for Bella but things didn't go as planned. I wish I never contacted the GDOCPS. Believe me, I never thought that something like this would happen. I just wanted to do what was best for her. I still do." Jim replied placing a hand on my shoulder which I immediately shrugged off.

"Don't. I don't need or want your sympathy. Oh and BTW, just because Bella looks like a toddler and is currently acting like one, doesn't mean that she is one. She is 18 which I believe, is the legal age to be on your own here in Gotham am I correct? So do me a favor and leave us both alone."

"No can do kid. Now tell us what we need to know or I'll have no choice but to arrest you on charges of impending a police investigation." Bullock replied and I glared angrily at him.

"Fine, you want to know who I think that she might be with? Maybe this will give you a hint." I replied tossing Bella's current favorite bedtime storybook in Harvey's  direction.

Harvey's eyes went wide upon reading the title. "You've got to be kidding me." I shook my head. Harvey tossed the book over to Jim who groaned.

"You can't be serious. Well that's just great." Jim replied sarcastically. "How are we supposed to rescue her from him?"

"You can't." I replied with a smile. "I will ensure that Bella remains out of your reach even if that means that she doesn't stay with me."

"What's a storybook got to do with finding the child?" Sofia demanded and I smiled.

"Wouldn't you like to know." I replied with a smirk.

"Yes as a mater of fact I would."

"If Bella is indeed with whom Quinn suspects, this situation just got a whole lot more complicated."

"Why?"

"Because Quinn wasn't kidding when she said that this man would kill you without a moments hesitation. He's extremely dangerous." Jim replied.

"Then what are we standing around here for? Go rescue the child!" Sofia replied. "Oh and Jim, upon her retrieval you will hand her over to me or I will have your badge."

"You won't get away with this Sofia." I hissed at her.

Smirking at me she replied "I already have."

As the others prepare to go in search of Jarvis, I take this opportunity to slip away from the group to call Oswald.

"You May have the law on your side, but I have an army on mine not to mention the underworld." I muttered under my breath. The question was, would Jerome's followers help me protect his sister or would they blame us for his death? Either way, I still had an ace up my sleeve. If they wouldn't help me then surly Oswald would. After all, he still owed me. Perhaps it was time to call in that favor. I was just about to call Oswald when my phone rang and I groaned upon seeing the caller ID.

"What do you want Jeremiah?"

"Quinn, I just wanted to apologize for earlier. I'm sorry for what I said. I just didn't understand why Bella was acting like that."

Suddenly feeling extremely tired and irritated over today's events I hissed at him. "It's complicated and I don't have time to explain. Look, I hate to be rude, but I don't have time for small talk. I've got more important problems to focus on right now."

"What's happened?" I sigh and reluctantly inform him of the situation. "Your right this doesn't sound good. As for Falcone, don't worry about her."

"What do you mean don't worry? Falcone wants Bella dead. She has the GCPD on her side."

"True, but I have an ace up my sleeve. Falcone claim is that a representative of the GDOCPS she only wants what's best for Bella right?"

"Yes, though I highly doubt that's true. She has a personal vendetta against me and she intends to use Bella to settle it."

"I won't let that happen. I'm going to contact the GDOCPS department and make them aware of the situation. As Bella's relative I'm within my rights to request that she be placed with me. They shouldn't have any reason to deny my request."

"Jeremiah your a genius!"

"I know." I sighed and stifled a giggle. Same old cocky Jeremiah." Still it was a good idea to have a back up plan. Best to contact Oswald just in case.

WC 1285