Chapter Fourteen

I left home after Mubarak went out cause he will kill me when he finds out am out. I gave a honk on the huge gate of our house.

"Assalamualaikum" I said as i walked in.

"Wa'alaikumussalam, my baby come in" Mami answered.

"Mami I missed you soo much" I happily said and hugged her.

"Come and sit my dear, i missed you more ".

"So mami how are you".

"Am fine dear, Noi Mubarak"

"He's fine, ehen hatoi manal en (where are them Manal)".

"They just went out with your dad".

"Ohh ayya"

"So tell me are you enjoying your new life"

"Not at all Mami, if this is how marriage is then i would rather stay single till death" I said to myself.

"Alhamdulillah Mami " I replied after a minute silent.

"My dear you can hide things to anyone but not me dear, since you came in i knew something was wrong so tell me"

"Mami he's a drunkard" I said crying.

"Subhanallah, hope you told no one about this"

"I told Batul"

"Why? You're not suppose to let anyone know about your home, don't do that again"

"Mami i had to, she's my bestfriend and i thought telling you or Adda Amnah might lead to a misunderstanding between the two families"

"My dear i understand but you have to be patient and keep praying, you know hadai mi yecca Abba ma (I can't tell your Abba you know) he won't be happy and you know it will surely lead to something worst"

"Yes Mami I understand, so what do we do"

"Just stay calm and continue praying Allah is with us dear"

"Thank you Mami, I love you" i hugged her.

"I love you too dear"

"Mami hami dilla ta'o warta ( Let me be going before he comes back)"

"Ok take care of yourself for me dear"

"Insha Allah Mami thank you and my regards to the twins and Abba"

"Insha Allah bye"

"Aha bye"

On reaching home I met something that was not part of my plan.

"Is this Mubarak's car, Ya Allah please save me and why is he back by this time sef" I said to myself with tears in my eyes.

I parked my car and walked to face the rule I openly failed to follow and his reaction.

"Assalamualaikum" I said with fear.

"Where the He'll are you from, I thought I stopped you from going out"

"Mubarak i'm sorry try to understand I went" before I could finish my sentence his hand landed on my face.

The next thing he removed his belt and used it on me, i was beaten black and blue, subhanallah you won't want to see me.

I cried the whole night and kept thinking who is behind all this.

"Ya Allah help my life" I kept saying in my room.