Chapter 48: Giving up

A week later

"Okay I think it's time we check up on mark" I tell Tracy. We were at the make up aisle where she works, sitting on the floor. 

I was helping her pack up foundation's. "Yeah I agree" i grab my phone. Tracy opened her app which changed my voice.

I pressed call for mark. "Put it on speaker" Tracy says. I do as she says and wait for mark to answer.

"Hello? " He says. "Mark, it's the people that stole Teresa's phone" there was a pause on the other line.

"Yeah look guys I'm done" me and Tracy gave each other confused looks. "What do you mean you're done?" I frown.

"I mean I'm done, I did what you said I told Teresa we will be done if she doesn't call off the wedding" "okay?" I question.

"She said there's nothing she can do, she said what she felt about me she doesn't anymore, she said she doesn't need me, she doesn't.....she doesn't want me anymore" he said with sadness.

Tracy sucked her teeth. "Damn it" she mumbled. I sighed "thanks mark, you did your best" "did I? Cause I just feel like a train ran over my heart, everything would have been the same

If you people hadn't told me to tell her that...you know? what I don't even care anymore you can post the dick pics! Do whatever you want with them see if I care" he hangs up.

I sigh. "Well that went well" Tracy says while closing the foundation box. I shake my head "no it didn't " I stand up ready to leave.

"Don't you see the problem Tracy? I can't be with Roman! I can't, hes gonna get married in 6 months! I'm gonna lose the man I --" I stop myself from finishing that sentence.

I wave it off. "I just need to be alone" I walk out ready to burst into tears. 

----

Storming out of the company I take a deep breath. I start to walk where my car is parked. What was I thinking, thinking this could actually work! That I can finally be happy with someone.

A man stops me in my tracks. He had a full grown white beard and was bald. He was wearing a business suit. "Excuse me" I say while trying to walk by him. He grabs my arm.

"Rachel" I look up at his face and gasp. "Pa?" He smiles. "It's me" I step back from him. Taking him all in.

"Papi" I mumble and hug him. He hugs me back immediately. I sigh a deep sigh. Than pull away from him. "Why are you here? What happened to you?"

He sighs "I want to explain everything to you, we can do it tonight me you and josh" I sigh and look at my feet. "He doesn't want to see you"

He nods "I figured as much, but I would really like to see him....can you guys come meet me tomorrow? There's this wonderful place I want you guys to see"

I clear my throat "I will have to ask Josh but yeah I think we can" he smiles "great, here is the address" he hands me a white card.

"Its great to see you Rachel" he kisses my cheek then walks away. Disappearing in the crowd. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.

I look at the card. "Lincoln street?" I place the card in my pocket and continue walking to my car to go talk to Josh.

----

As I'm driving Roman calls me. I take a deep breath before I answer. "Are you calling for business or pleasure?" He chuckles "neither, where are you?"

I turn on my left signal. "I'm on my way home, why what's up?" "I was thinking we could watch the marvel movies together...I heard the last one came out endgame something like that

And I want to watch it but I have no idea what it's about" I smile. 6 months is far from now. I'm gonna enjoy it why it lasts.

"Alright, send me the address and I'll be there in an hour." "Okay and when you get here my butler Walter will be answer the door so just tell him your name and he will let you in right away"

I nod "okay chao" "bye" I hang up. I couldn't help but smile.