PROLOGUE

(Screenshot taken from the Unsainted music video)

"If we don't end war, war will end us." - H.G. Wells

JOEY JORDISON

The sounds of guns firing, grenades exploding, and men yelling and screaming was deafening me.

The sight of my fellow comrades and friends dying was sickening me. The way the bullets delicately and gracefully enter and exited their heads or the sight of the bullets riddling their body or even how the grenades blew their bodies up so brutally that their limbs blew off and guts rained down upon their allies made me want to throw up. But I didn't, as there was nothing my stomach could force up, I hadn't eaten in two days.

I sat against the dirt wall of the trench I was hiding in. I clutched onto my rifle, trembling as many of my colleagues crawled out of the trench, only to be shot and have their bodies slump right back into the trench.

I didn't want to be involved in this war, my father had forced me into enlisting and I'm one that never says "no" to anybody, no matter who they are

The thing is, I'm different than all the other men back home in Iowa. I'm more so feminine than masculine, the guys in Des Moines always call me a "femboy" a word they invented, it's an obvious combination of "female" and "boy".

It's because I fit some of the female stereotypes, for example: I have really long hair (I'm the only male who has long hair, which I had to put up after refusing to chop it off just for the war.), I'm scared of blood/bodies/death/war (hence why I'm hiding and trembling), and I'm attracted to men (something those who like the same gender keep in secret but one of my ex-friends told everybody in Des Moines, which spread everywhere in Iowa so now the whole state of Iowa knows I'm a "sinful homosexual" or as the people of Iowa call me "God's least favorite child."

Sorry, I got off track there....anyways, I'm still hiding in the trenches, more and more men are dying by the second.

Just then, a young British soldier (whom is on the allies and whom I become quite fond over quickly, being my best friend in this war) named Oliver, sat next to me. We exchanged smiles with each other, happy that we were together again after losing sight of each other a while ago.

"Nathan....The Germans killed my brother....I'm going out there....I have a wild thirst for vendetta now." Oliver stated calmly in his British accent, the smile still plastered on his face but it was smaller, but was obviously very upset.

I widened my eyes and rapidly shook my head, clutching onto his arm "No! Oliver, you can't! You're going to get killed!"

He continued to smile "Watch me, mate." His smile faded as his face became serious and got up, charging out of the trench.

I peeked up to see him, he killed 22 Germans before a bullet between his eyes ended his rage.

I widened my eyes and tears poured out of them, I just watched my best friend get killed.

I let out a shaky war cry before hopping up my feet and started to shoot at whatever Central Power soldier I laid my eyes on. Just then I saw a grenade fly in the air, landing right in front of my feet.

"SOLDIER! LOOK OUT!" A man with a harsh (but yet gentle) voice yelled.

He tackled me to the ground, multiple feet away from the grenade.

It blew up and all I could hear was intense ringing in my ears before blacking out....

(Don't worry, it's just a prologue, that's why it's short - Mama Vampy 🔪)