Prologue

During the beginning of sizzling summer in Pennsylvania, a young man, who just recently graduated high school, is tasked to find a summer job. So that way he can save up on money, to pay for his rent and meal plans. Humphrey, that's his name. He is just a normal kid with 'B' average grades. He wears different kinds of gaming shirts underneath his Link jacket and his infamous chucks 24/7. He's known by his great dorky smile in his school and his geeky comments.

Humphrey is obliged to attend Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh to pursue computer engineering. Not to brag or anything but, Carnegie is very expensive. Since his parents are divorced Humphrey and his mother couldn't afford tuition. Ever since then, he lives with his mom since he was eight. During the divorce, his parents went to court to file an agreement, the judge ruled the father to pay for Humphrey's tuition to any college he prefers. Yet his father is massively rich, buying the tuition is like buying small-sized, cheap condoms for himself. Afterward, when the divorce papers were signed, Humphrey never visited his father or knew him. His father was like a blur, but also Humphrey's missing piece.

Humphrey is on lockdown to Carnegie but his dad isn't responsible for his housing and his other necessities at college, so basically he needs a job. Humphrey went to the central area of the town of, "West Moon."

Strolling on the sidewalk by the window shops, some are antique, barber, boutique, pastry shops, and bookstores. None of them were hiring. Getting a job in the summer is the worst timing, there' are like lots of other students struggling to find a job for sure.

Nonthing... Humphrey turned around to walk back home. The sounds of the devilish Dobermans from afar. There are three of them in total. Humphrey gulped and tried not to make an eye contact with their owner. The owner appears to be an elderly man; he was juggling with his newspaper and coffee to open his shop. Humphrey is a nice gentleman, he would open the door for the elderly man, but he is too frightened by his growling gremlins.

So Humphrey walked back in another direction. He grabbed out his phone after receiving a text from his best friend, Ben.

'Hey bro, check it out! I sa-'

Humphrey didn't finish reading the text because his head was bashed to the ground.