Chapter 27

Ethan's POV

I get home from Amelia's and go straight to my room and lay down on my bed and sigh. Why do I have to like my bestfriend? I got so awkward when she was just sitting there, smiling that cute smile of hers at me because all I wanted to do in that moment was to say "you're so beautiful, Amy" and kiss her as if we're in a movie. But I can't. She doesn't like me that way.

I need to stop this. I can't fall for my bestfriend. I need to stay away from her for a while before I can't control myself and I kiss her or something. I really don't want to, but maybe it's for the best if I go away for a while. Just to clear my head and get her off my mind. Maybe I should go stay with an old friend.

I get off my bed and grab some clothes and put them in a bag along with the other things I need. I sneak past Grayson's room and go downstairs. I grab a pen and a piece of paper and write Grayson a note telling him I'm leaving for a while before walking out the door and getting into my car.

The next day
Amelia's POV

I am woken up by the sound of my phone ringing. It's Grayson.

"Hello?"

"He's gone."

"What? Who's gone?"

"Ethan."

I gasp.

"I'm coming over."

I hang up the phone and quickly throw my hair up in a ponytail and run out the door and get in my car and drive as fast as I can without crashing over to Grayson's. I don't even bother to knock. I walk in the house and see Grayson sitting at the kitchen table with his hands holding his head. I walk over and sitdown next to him.

"What happened? Why did he leave?"

"I don't know. I didn't even see him come in last night. Was he with you?"

"Yeah. He was at my house the whole time."

He lets out a deep breath. I see a piece of paper laying by him.

"What's that?" I ask pointing to it.

"Oh. He left me a note." He slides the paper over to me.

I need to clear my head about something. I'm going to stay with an old friend for a while. Don't worry about me. I'm fine. I'll see you when I get back.

"An old friend?"

Grayson shrugs.

I sigh. I wonder why he needs to clear his head. He did act awkward yesterday. Does that have anything to do with it? Was it me? Did I make him run away? Did I say or do something?

I can't help but think this my fault. I try to hold back my tears.

"Amelia?"

I can't hold it in any longer. I lay my head in my hands and let myself cry.

"No. Don't cry. It's ok. He'll come back."

He rubs my back.

"It's all my fault."

"Amelia."

"He didn't want to get away untill after he was with me. I think I did something but I don't know what."

"Amelia Grace Turner. This is not your fault. You didn't do anything wrong. I don't know why he left but it most certainly is not because of you."

"Thanks Gray."

"Come here." He scoots his chair closer to me and hugs me.
"Don't worry about him. He's going to be just fine. Ok?"

"Ok."

"We'll find him. I'll go call some of my friends."

I nod. He walks out of the kitchen and I call Elena and tell her what's going on.

"Hello?"

"Hey Elena."

"Amelia? Where are you?"

"Ethan and Grayson's."

"Oooohh." I can tell she's smiling evily.

"Ethan's gone."

"What?!"

"He said he needed to clear his head and that he is staying with an old friend."

"Oh my gosh."

"Grayson is calling his friends right now to try and find out where he is."

"I'm coming."

"You don't have to-"

"Nope. I'm coming. See you in a few."

She hangs up and I join Grayson in the living room.

"Thanks anyways bro."

"No luck?"

He shakes his head.

"Elena is coming over."

"Ok."

I sit down next to him on the couch. I watch as he scrolls through his contacts, looking for the next person to call.