The unexpected gift - Part 6

The day had came. The most important day for the couple till now. It had been a simple and modest ceremony in Daoming Mansion's yard. Only relatives and closer friends were invited. The couple had talked to the Daoming Matriarch about not inviting business partners to the wedding. It was a important event where they wanted to share with their loved ones and not a opportunity to make business. They had agreed to invite just a few of the most important shareholders of the company, after explaining to Shancai that they had been friends with the late AhSi's father.

Shancai was so happy. Her little three months bump was starting to be noticed. She was wearing a beautiful white dress. She looked like an angel. Her now husband couldn't apart the gaze from her. He felt so lucky to be able to call her his wife. 

Everybody enjoyed the ceremony and the reception. The guests had cried during the vows. The ones who knew about all they had gone through, even more. They had fought against all odds and finally had got it. The young couple knew that "happy endings" was not the really end of all the love stories but the beginning of a new chapter of their life together as a family and though there could been difficulties at the long of the road, they had each other. 

-----------------------
AhSi couldn't believe how the time flied. He was excited preparing a special dinner for their fifth month wedding anniversary. He had put so much effort on it, he had been secretly going to cooking lessons to surprise the most important woman in his life with a delicious plate. 

His moody wife was so hard to please these days. And her eight month big round belly had so much to do with her suddenness changes of humor. Sometimes she cried for the most insignificant thing or he couldn't even look at her eyes bc she got angry. Somedays she was the most affectionate person of the world or she would become insatiable at nights. Though that was one of his favorites changes in her. Definitely hormones were doing her job with her.

"I don't want to leave the bed" she said lazily, as he was trying to get her up to the dining room. "You have to eat. I won't let you jump meals. Both have to eat. And with that he convinced her. He helped her down the stairs. "I feel so useless. I can not even go down the stairs by myself". AhSi could see the tears threatening coming up from her eyes. "Baby, look at me", he said at he pulled up her jaw and met her eyes. "You're not useless. You are amazing. You're the most wonderful woman I've have seen", he took her hand and walked to one of the walls. 

He positioned her in front of a mirror. He hugged her from behind, circuling his arms around her stomach and placed her palms on her belly. His head now over her shoulder. "Look at you. How can you call yourself useless when you are carrying life inside you" he said as he caressed her belly. "You're carrying our baby. A baby, product of our love. You have gave me the most precious gift someone can give", he planted a delicated kiss on her cheek. Shancai's tears came out, this time not for frustration but for happiness. She turned her head to face him, "I have the best husband" she said as she kissed him on his lips. "I love you so much and don't misunderstand me, I'm happy with our baby, I don't even know him but I love him and I know he'll become the most important person to us" she said softly as she caressed his hair. "It's just that sometimes it so frustrating for me not being able to do somethings by myself and it's hard to admit that I need help even for the simplest ones". 

"Be patient baby, I'm sure when the baby be born you will become super mommy" he chuckled and so does Shancai, as they looked the reflections on the mirror. "Can you believe it? That someday you would be with me, like this and pregnant with my child?" He buried his face in her neck. "After our first encounter. Who would have think it". He said as he planted butterflies kisses at the long of her neck and shoulder. She could just smiled as she remember it. "Baby" he said as he looked for her eyes again in the mirror. "Mmm...?" "Happy fifth anniversary". Shancai loosed from his hug and turned around to hug him tightly. "Happy anniversary, my dearest husband" 

"What is all this?", she asked surprised. There were candles and flowers set on the table. The food was served. All was so romantic. He took her hands and lifted them up with his. "This is for you. A dinner cooked by me. For the most important person in my life. My reason to exist" he said with soft voice and kiss her hand. He gently pulled a chair for her to sit. "What is it?" She ask excited. "Duck a I'Orange", he said proudly. I have been talking cooking lessons for some weeks. Shancai smiled brightly. 'God I love this man so much', she thought. "AhSi", she called him, "yes?" "Happy anniversary". They smiled at each other while they shared the rest of the beautiful evening.