Chapter 4

~Ban~

    When they got to the prison that Ban was at, the guards led Gelda and King to the showers so they could clean themselves. Zeldris was led back to Ban. From what he gathered, this man was somehow tied to King. 

    Zeldris stepped into the cell. Apparently, they had attempted to execute this man multiple times but all of them failed. Ban looked up at Zeldris. "What's a kid like you doing here?" Zeldris tilted his head.

    "I'm most certainly not a kid," Zeldris said. Ban raised a brow at that.

    "Then just how old are you?" Ban asked.

    "Around 3000 years old," Zeldris said. Ban chuckled at that. "I'm serious." 

    "There's no way, you're that old," Ban laughed. Zeldris frowned, waiting for his laughter to settle.

    "Age is irrelevant anyway. I've come here to recruit you," Zeldris spoke up. Ban stopped laughing and adopted a serious face. "King Baltra has had a vision of the demon clan being released from their seal in a couple of days. I am to find people to fight them. You are one of those people." Ban was quiet for a moment.

    "... Alright! Sounds fun! Much better than rotting here for all eternity. I'm in," Ban jumped up and ripped his chains out of the wall. Zeldris used his darkness to completely destroy the chains. "So you're a demon?"

    "Yeah," Zeldris replied.

    "Do you have any family in the demon clan?"

    "My brothers are part of the Ten Commandments, one being the leader, but don't worry they hate my guts anyway," Zeldris told him, shrugging it off. 

    Ban walked behind him, a silence falling over them. They came out to where Gelda, Hawk, and King were waiting. Both were freshly cleaned and ready to go. Zeldris waved the guards off and started to head to the exit. "Alright, two more to go!"