Prologue

Zeldris cut down another goddess and turned to see his brother looking proudly at him. He always felt so warm when he saw that smirk. He flys up to Meliodas and was received a head pat for his work. A goofy grin overtook his face. Meliodas' smirk faded and he flew away. Zeldris floated there, puzzled. He knew his brother was uncomfortable with affection but he'd never seen him outright run from it.

    Zeldris shrugged it off and flew back to the demon realm. He went to his room and put on a clean set of clothes. Zeldris then took off. He walked down the hallways, smacking into Gowther along the way. Gowther looked down on him with an unusually stern gaze and continued on. Why was everyone acting so strange? He was genuinely concerned now. Either way,  he needed to go. He flew out of the demon realm to an old hidden area in Brittania. After he landed a woman with beautiful blonde hair walked up to him. 

    "Are you sure about this?" the woman asked.

    "Anything to be with you, Gelda." Gelda smiled and kissed him. Zeldris pulled back with a grin. Zeldris just sat down with her when he felt someone watching them. He shrugged it off.

    "About the leaving thing, what about your brother?" Gelda asked worriedly. Zeldris thought for a moment. Meliodas had never shown too much warmness to him. Meliodas was more infatuated with vampire woman, Elizabeth. He'd be fine.

    "He has someone else," Zeldris replied. Gelda frowned, not satisfied with the answer. The odd feeling of being watched came over him again. He turned around and fired a hellblaze into the bushes. In the bushes was Meliodas. Shit.

    Meliodas stood there, dumbfounded. Zeldris hurriedly stood up, pulling Gelda behind him. "Brother!"

    "Don't."

    "Don't what?"

    "Don't call me brother."

    Zeldris' heart dropped. Meliodas stared him down with a furious glare. 

    "Brother-"

    "SHUT UP!" Meliodas shouted. Zeldris stepped back. In the distance, he saw the Ten Commandments approaching in the distance. Meliodas glanced at the Ten Commandments and then Zeldris. His then spoke in a low, angry tone, "Leave and get out of my sight." Zeldris grabbed Gelda and off quickly. He turned to look back and saw Meliodas directing the Commandments away. After the Commandments left, Meliodas sat on the ground with his head in his hands. 

-~*~-

Well, you people seemed to want this AU so here it is. Now Mel is feeling Zel's pain. My frickin heart. Also, if it's not clear, Gowther and Meliodas had a clue ahead of time. Gowther read Zeldris' mind since he be sneaking out.