Babysitting Daisy (K&J)

Karen's P.O.V.

It was raining again for the third day in a row in Nashville, Tennessee. Jimi is sitting on the couch playing on his phone with one hand and the other playing with my hair while I am curled up under a blanket with my head in his lap. I was nearly asleep when Jimi's phone dinged. He leaned down a little to see if I was awake and he smiled.

"Hey Baby, Kim wants to know if we can watch Daisy for the night? Steve and her want a date night."

"We can if you want too. Just know that you have to run around with her. I can hardly keep up with anyone anymore."

"I'll do the running around, You don't have to worry at all. You just keep off your feet and keep our little man happy."

I turn to look at him as he sets his hand on my 8 month pregnant stomach.

"Little man is never happy unless I am super busy, then he sleeps. He has a vendetta against my spine and organs when I wanna relax."

"He should take it easy on momma. You already do so much. The doctor said you have to cut back and work less and just take it easy and slow."

"Text Kim back yes, we can pick her up or they can drop her off. She can stay the night too. And I am slowing down."

"Baby, you are hardly slowing down. You work enough. You get phone calls every half an hour to deal with the band things. You gotta fill out a lot of paperwork for us. This is the first time you have been off your feet all day and you have only been laying here for 10 minutes. Maybe we should tell Kim to ask Phillip. You need a brake. Plus we had her this past weekend and you nearly fell trying to catch her cause I was out back barbecuing. I do not want you or our baby hurt."

"Okay... don't get all emotional babe. I will start taking it easy, but I love Daisy and so do you. We will take her for the night and say we can't the next time. Usually she wouldn't have asked us unless Phillip was busy cause she knows it's tough on us especially with me being 8 months."

"Okay baby. But if you do anything that looks exhausting to me. You're stopping immediately and relaxing."

"Deal. Now text her back before she thinks we are ignoring her." 

He smiles and texts Kim. And hour later around 5pm a two year old Daisy is being dropped off and Jimi is carrying her like an airplane to the kitchen where I am making tea and getting some snacks for myself and her. Jimi sets her in the high chair and straps her in then comes over to help me. He gets her some cookies and a bottle of milk. And I sit down beside her with my cookies and tea. Jimi grabs a granola bar and sits beside me.

After our snack we go into the living room and I open her bag and pull out a couple toys for her to play with. Jimi is washing the dishes. I am sitting on the floor next to her and playing with her. When Jimi comes in he runs over.

"Karen! What are you doin on the floor? That ain't good, you're gonna get a sore back, worse then you already have."

"Babe, I am fine. It's just for a bit while we play. Come join us."

He sits and plays with us and after a while Daisy watches TV before bedtime. She walks over to the couch and Jimi gets up and helps her up and I try to get up but fail miserably, so I just sit there.

"You're stuck aren't you?"

"No..." I try and lie so he doesn't have to help me but he gives me a look and I sigh "Yes..."

He comes and helps me up and I kiss his cheek.

"Your baby and I thank you for your services."

"Anytime." We smile and I sit beside Daisy and looks in her bag for her pajamas.