Chapter 4

Weeks had passed since Prince had talked with his older brother about his crush. He'd grown a refreshing confidence since then. Whenever he'd converse with the blue inkling, he'd drop sweet compliments and do everything in his power to please him. It brought his heart pure joy to see him smile.

But finally, the day had came for him to confess his love. He'd hoped all of his fluffy flirting had won over the other squid's heart. He recalled when he complimented Goggle's appearance and  watched a pretty pink blush creep onto his soft cheeks. Prince got butterflies in his stomach just thinking about it.

He'd recently invited his love to come watch the sunset with him, and on his way to the ocean dock, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He got a text from Goggles.

<(Where r u?)

(I'm on my way to the dock, what about you?)>

<(I'm already there)

(Wowie! For once you show up early!)>

<(Oh shut it, stinky! >m<)

(Okay okay, I'll be there soon.)>

"Wow, he's there early? Must have something important to say..." he mumbled to himself as he stuffed his phone back into his hoodie pocket. Finally he made it there, right on time as well. Goggles turned around and noticed Prince's presence, a wide smile spreading across his cheeks as he locked his ocean blue gaze with Prince's sun yellow gaze.

"Heya Prince!" he giggled, running up to the young monarch and pulling him into a hug which Prince happily returned. 

Goggles pulled away from him. His expression read as though he were troubled and that he wanted to get something off of his mind.

"You okay...?" Prince asked, concern riddled in his voice. "Nonononono, I-I'm fine!" Goggles said, forcing a smile onto his face. "Let's just... Go watch the sunset, okay?" he turned to the edge of the dock without getting Prince a chance to even process his statement. He shrugged it off before joining Goggles at his side.

The two gazed out at the marvelous sunset that sank down beyond the horizon. The soft shades of blue, orange, and warm comforting pinks painted themselves across the sky as the rippling dark blue water lit up with the reflections of the yellow and pink hues. The scenery set the two at ease as they took deep breaths of the salty ocean air. Prince smiled warmly before leaning over to Goggles and half-whispering into his ear.

"Y'know, you remind me of a sunset. Beautiful and soft and comforting... And I could stare at it for the rest of my life." Prince chuckled upon seeing a blush spread across the other's face.

They sat in silence and Prince's stomach tingled as he prepared his confession. He inhaled before his thought was suddenly cut off by Goggles.

"Prince, I have something I wanted to tell you."

The young ruler released his breath and raised a brow, wondering what the blue squid had to say.

"You're so kind and sweet and you're a genuine pleasure to be around and I just wanted to ask..."

Prince held his breath, hoping for the best.

"W...Would you like to go out with me?" he asked with a bashful smile. Prince could feel his heart beat all the way out of his chest upon hearing Goggles' question.

"Wh- I- A-Absolutey!" he said, his excitement causing him to stutter and fumble over his words. The two hug each other with eyes twinkling with pure love for one another. Once they released one another, they both leaned into a sweet tender kiss, closing their eyes as Prince savored the moment.

They pulled away from each other with a deep exhale as they stared lovingly into the other's eyes for what seemed like decades. They were both suddenly interrupted by a startlingly deep voice.

"Goggles!" They both faced the direction of the voice, to see a familiar dark-skinned inkling. Rider. "Hey Rider!" Goggles greeted him cheerily. "C'mon, we gotta go." Rider sternly commanded. "Okie dokie!" Goggles said before happily skipping away. "See ya, Prince!" Goggles said as he walked away with Rider.

"Bye... Heh..." Prince muttered, still dazed by love.

---------------------------
After a bit of not updating, I finally know where I'm gonna take this story uwo