25. Happy Birthday, Captain America

Quinn walked into the dining room, dressed in a casual tank top and denim shorts, not her usual training clothes. She noticed they were all looking up at her, glancing back at all of them as she walked over to the table.

"Morning," she muttered.

"It's 1pm." Wanda said from beside Sam at the table, gaining a chuckle from Rhodes.

"Thought I would sleep in." Quinn simply responded as she sat at her place at the table beside Natasha, grabbing a large serving of the Thai food they'd ordered for lunch.

"You know, you look good in normal clothes." Sam politely complimented. Quinn gave a chuckle and smile his way.

Natasha looked up from her lunch, "you find something to wear for the party?"

Quinn glanced up at her, a mouthful of pad Thai, her wide eyes clearly having forgotten about those plans and even about the Fourth of July all together. She shook her head no at Nat, unable to verbally answer.

"It's fine. You can borrow something from me." Nat kindly offered.

Quinn nodded, a corner of her mouth rising.

"Where's Steve? He still hasn't come for lunch." Rhodes said as he scrolled along on a tablet, taking a sip from a mug of coffee.

"No clue. Everyone's off today so he's probably just off being a loner somewhere." Nat responded.

"He's the type to hide on his birthday," Sam said.

"Birthday?" Quinn rose a brow.

"Yeah. He's ninety-seven today." Nat said with a short chuckle.

"Oh," Quinn lowly uttered, wondering how she hadn't known. "Of course it is."

"You didn't know?" Nat asked.

"I should've." Quinn sheepishly said.

"Ready to go, Rhodey?" Sam asked as he stood up from the table, placing his empty mug into the dish washer.

"Where you guys going?" Nat asked.

"Shopping center. Still haven't gotten a present for the old man." Sam said.

"Same here," Rhodes stood from the table as well, beginning to walk with Sam to leave the room. "What do you even get for a ninety-seven year old?" He asked Sam as their voices grew faint. "I just looked up gift ideas for grandpa..."

Nat let out a chuckle at Sam's last joke before they left the room.

"Where's Vision?" Quinn asked as she finished chewing her last mouthful of noodles.

"Under maintenance," Nat said.

"Right," Quinn uttered, still unused to having an android as a teammate.

"I suggest you guys start getting ready. Tony's sending a chopper to come get us." Nat said as she gathered their dirty plates.

"So is this like a formal thing?" Quinn asked as she walked over to the fridge, pulling out the big tub of coffee ice cream.

"Yes, but not too formal. Tony doesn't like being outshined," Nat said as she leaned back on the kitchen island, standing across from Quinn.

"I still need to clean up." Wanda said as she herself stood from the table.

"Alright, just meet up in my room later." Nat said.

After nodding and smiling at her two fellow women, she walked off.

"I suppose you don't attend parties often?" Nat asked Quinn as she scooped some ice cream into her own small dish.

"Never, actually," Quinn nonchalantly stated. "Not unless you count a jewelry heist at a charity ball."