I knew right away this was Shinso's quirk, it didn't take a genius to figure it out. He hadn't done anything yet, now that he had control he seemed almost hesitant. "In case you haven't realized, I'm in control of you now."

I tried to nod but nothing happened. I just had a unwavering blank stare on my face that I couldn't change. "Try and break out of it, it's possible."

Shinso's serious face remained as I tried desperately to wave a finger or even blink. Nothing happened and after a few more seconds I doubted his words, how on earth was this possible?

"Walk over to the door," Shinso commanded after a minute of silence. My legs started moving on their own. An odd sensation that I could've went my whole life without having. It was like my legs fell asleep an each movement caused a feeling like hands were grabbing every inch of my leg, forcing it to move.

I got to the door, "Open it," I opened the door and despite not being able to look down, I heard the pitter patter of paws of what I could only assume to be the white cat.

I felt the grip get looser and I tried to do something on my own, move my own body. I pushed myself around in my consciousness, trying to spread it to the rest of myself. If my brain was awake why couldn't my body be too?

Then I felt it: control. My foot shifted in my shoe but I couldn't move anything else. Without too much thought, I moved it so I lost my balance and fell onto my face. A tolerable amount of pain and discomfort washed through me for a couple of seconds but it was worth it.

The grip floated off of me the second I hit the ground and I hastily got back up. Shinso seemed mildly amused at my antics. "I would say I'm upset you broke out of my quirk but I am definitely glad I saw that."

I brushed some dirt off my face and ignored his comment, unsure of how to respond to it, "Were you really so lazy that you had me let the cat in for you?"

"Yes," Shinso said blandly, all hints of amusement dropped from his face and an almost cocky look took over, "But I was controlling you so it wasn't like I was doing nothing."

"But I did more," I imitated his arrogant look and a small grin spread across my face.

"You're right," he agreed and for a moment I was surprised, "you fell on your face."

The grin turned into a bashful one, "At least I broke out of the brainwashing," I replied in defense.

"You still have dirt all over your face," Shinso commented, ignoring my words before hand. I wiped my hand across my face, searching for the dirt. Shinso's amusement came back onto his face, "You missed."

"Where is it?" I asked as my hand still ran across my face, brushing around my cheeks and forehead.

"On your nose," he directed and my hands moved to my nose but Shinso's humor only grew, "You're still not getting it."

I searched a few more moments before Shinso walked over and reached up to my face. My hands hovered at the sides of my face as he gently brushed away the dirt on my nose. He leaned away, "There, now it's gone."

"I could've sworn I went over that spot like twenty times," I remarked as I watched him. The humor was now gone and a neutral expression was now on his face.

"Apparently not well enough," he remarked.

Him wiping the dirt off my nose kept replaying in my head. The warmth from his hand still lingered on my nose and I didn't know why I was responding like this.

Shinso's wild, messy hair swayed in the wind and I realized why it bothered me. It was because Shinso reminded me of Reo.

The all over the place kind of hair, their lack of emotion, their bluntness, everything was too familiar.

My mind flashed back to yesterday when Reo kissed me after telling me how "sorry" he was. Anger flared inside of me. That cheating bastard.

"I'll go inside and get us some water," Shinso said as he walked inside.

"Okay," I replied as I felt my phone buzz. I picked it up to see Reo's name glowing on the screen.

They were a couple of images and I clicked dumbly to open them. Caution gripped my heart and nerves jittered at my finger tips as the picture loaded.

When they did my heart sank as it overflowed with anger and sadness. They were all pictures of cute girls, the last text said they were all the ones he used to cheat on me. There were eleven of them. Eleven. One of them was Keiko.

So the party wasn't the first time they were together.

I remembered how betrayed I felt when I say Reo and Keiko kissing, now I felt heartbroken.

I was mad at myself for feeling that way, he shoudln't get the best of me. I wouldn't let him.

I gripped my phone in my hand before shoving it back into my pocket right as Shinso walked out with two glasses of water. I took a few sips before looking up at him. "Do you wanna spar?"

"Change your mind and are suddenly in the mood to get your ass kicked?" He asked tauntingly.

"I'm just suddenly in the mood," I responded somewhat blandly. I felt my phone buzz again and I clenched my fists behind my back.

If that's a picture of a twelfth girl I'm going to hunt him down and tear of his dick.

"Someone make you mad while I was gone?" He continued his taunting, clearly hoping to get me more mad. Whether it was for a good spar or his own amusement I couldn't tell. But I didn't care.

It wasn't him who I was mad at.

But he sure as hell reminded me of him.

"You could say that."

Another chapter is up and I have nothing to say other than I hope you enjoyed it!

Thanks for reading!