22. Club del Cielo

Start from the beginning

"Mantenerse fuera," he told the other two guards, who did so, closing the doors once more. Stay outside.

"Que paso?" The guard asked as he bent down beside his fellow guard. What happened?

Quinn mustered up her best Spanish, "las cosas se estaban volviendo intensas y ¡él simplemente se desmayó! Creo que él se emocionó demasiado!" Things were getting intense and he just fainted! I think he got too excited.

"Si," the guard slowly processed as he was clearly made uncomfortable at the situation he had just walked into. "Collado!" He clearly yelled near the other guard's ear as he landed a few pats and slaps on the man's face, in attempt to wake him up.

"Oh no. Lo maté?" Quinn feigned fear. Is he dead?

"No, senorita," the guard said as he landed another good slap, causing the man to spring up with a loud gasp. "Que paso?" The man asked breathlessly. What happened?

"Pendejo!" His partner smacked him across the back of the head with his hand. Dumbass! 

"Qué?" The man asked again, totally confused as the second guard picked his shirt up off of the ground and threw it at him forcefully.

"Te desmayaste mientras probabas suerte con la dama!" You fainted while you were trying your luck with the lady!

"No recuerdo eso!" I don't remember that!

"Mírala! El jefe se enojará cuando se entere de esto," the guard fearfully muttered. Look at her! The Boss is going to be angry when he finds out about this.

Quinn had to hold back her laughter at the two guards as they idiotically freaked out.

"El no tiene que saber. Ahora sal de aquí." She crossed her arms. He doesn't have to know. Now get out of here.

The two guards looked at her before getting up. The tall, dark haired one that she had knocked out rubbed the back of his head. The other, lighter skinned and fairer haired one quickly apologized before dragging his partner out of the room with him.

Quinn let out a chuckle. "Pendejos."

She then reached up to finish retying her bikini top and then pressed onto her earpiece. "Guards don't suspect a thing. I'm still in the hotel room."

"Have you found anything?" Steve asked her. 

"Yes," she reached into the couch cushions and pulled out the item she had quickly stashed. It was a really old cellphone. A burner phone. She quickly retreated into the bathroom with it, knowing that she probably didn't have much time until the guard would realize that he was missing a phone. 

She flipped it open, "it's a phone from 2007." 

"What?"

"Shh. I need to focus," she told him as she scrolled down the messages. There was a fairly new one from an unmarked phone number. 

"Steve, Sam. Write this down," she urgently said as she opened up the mysterious text. "Bailar. Rebelion. Abajo. Tres. Segundo. Tranquilo."

"Decoding it, right now," Sam's voice came in. Quinn then realized as she investigated further that there was nothing else on the phone. That text was important and the guard was too much of an idiot to delete it.

She then rushed out of the bathroom, placing the phone just under the coffee table near the couch. 

"Hold on. I have company," she whispered before placing her hair back over her ear to cover the communication.