Part 20

***Mike's P.O.V***

     I did my morning routine quicker than I ever have before and lastly shoved a toast with a mountain full of butter before running out of the back door and hopping onto my bike. I hadn't bothered with my hair or even check my homework. I thought of El and I thought of Will. What would he say if I told him I read his notebook.? Would he ever trust me again? Would he ever find out? and El. What would El do if she found out Will's true feelings for me? What would she do to me if I accidentally kissed Will? or if she knew all I thought about was him most of the time? El, my best friend, my girlfriend, my badass. 

 I got to school and locked up my bike before running into school and signing for a late slip and running into class. There i saw my four best friends. Lucas, Dustin, Max and Will. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. 

"I'm sorry. I know, I know I'm late." I passed the late slip to the teacher before sitting next to Will. "hey, Where were you? We waited for you." Dustin said. "I know. I'm really sorry. My mom didn't wake me up and I was busy all night-" Max interuppted me quickly, saying "doing what? reading a comic or playing some dumb game?" I rolled my eyes "No. I just couldn't sleep last night" I snickered" I ended up sleeping on the basement floor" I answered. " Are you okay? Does your back hurt?" Will asked quickly. He slipped his hand on my spine sending shivers throughout body. "I adore this boy" I thought to myself. I felt a smile start to form but quickly stopped it. "I'm fine. Don't worry" I admired every little detail on his face especially that birthmark above his lip. Then down to his lips which looked pinker than usual. Had he been nibbling at them? Sucking them? Pulling at the dead skin on it? I didn't know. I just knew they were pinker and prettier. What were these feelings I felt for him all of a sudden? They feel so normal yet still shocking. Am I sure I feel this way about him? Or am I just confused with the things I've read?
   He removed his hand which snapped me from my daydream. "Okay well I forgot something at your house could I maybe pick it up after school?" He asked. His eyes went down to his hands which were under his desk now. "I thought we were going to hang out today?"
   "Yes but-" He stopped and looked away from me then back at his desk. "I just don't- Well I mean- Next week? No..not next week. Mike I just-" He finally looked at me, stern looking this time then blurted out
  "Did you read my notebook?" His eyes went wide and looked down. My face was now on fire, I gripped my sleeves. "No! Of course not! I didn't even know your notebook was under the couch! Why would I read your dumb notebook anyway?!" The teacher cleared his throat which made us both look up. The class was now staring at the both of Will and I. "Wheeler, would you like to repeat that?" He asked
  "Well n-" he cut me off
"Is it important and related to the topic we are talking about in class?"
  "N-" He cut me off again
"I didn't think so. Moving on.." He continued with his lesson, leaving Will and I avoiding eye contact with each other.

  The day passed as boring as ever. Will wouldn't talk to me after my sudden outburst. I apologized a great deal but he wouldn't budge. He'd just walk away from me or try to leave. When the last bell rang, I ran to his class and grabbed him right when he walked out of class.
  "Mike let go! Now!...please" I dragged him into the janitors closet and pushed him in before anybody could see and slipped in with him. "Let me out, would you!? You know you can't keep expecting me to forgive you just cause you're my bestfriend. You've slipped up to much and calling my notebook stupid was right next to you treating me like I wasn't a thing to you and you know what? The second thing is that stupid way you looked at me back-" I quickly put my hands on his waist, tripping on the way making me push him on to the wall but my only stupid thought to keep him from arguing was pushing my lips against his.

   There was no space between us and our lips stayed where they were. His eyes closed and slowly, mine did too. My hand went on to the side of his face while his hands slipped on the back of my neck. I felt my face burn and my heart racing out of my chest. I didn't want to move, I wanted to stay there with his soft lips on mine, his warm hands on me and our chests against one another. I could practically feel his heart race with mine. He was the one to pull away, leaving me disappointed.
  "What the f- Heck, Mike." He said with a smile on his stupid pink lips.