Getting Closer ☆

Everything seemed to be going well. It was summer vacation and some students are already on their respective family getaways while I'm stuck here snoozing around getting some sleep so I can work again later tonight.

Mom got discharged from the hospital few weeks ago and Johnny hyung extended his vacation trip to keep an eye on mom.

I think he's also keeping an eye out for me since he's worried I might get in to trouble but I assured him that I won't.

"You really don't have to work you know. I can compensate for-"

"Ah hyung, you've given me too much now. I'm not a kid anymore. Besides, mom needs extra care right now so instead of splurging me just give it all to mom. I can take care of myself." He sighed for the nth time and ruffled my hair.

He really disliked the idea of me paying for myself. I told him the plan was for me to get a scholarship so I can get in to college. I also told him to not give me any more pocket money since I'm saving up for myself.

Johnny hyung has always been so kind to us, he always give us everything without batting an eye, it's about time I help him.

"Just promise me you'll ask me for help if you have difficulties." I nodded at him and smiled.

"Brothers." I let out my fist in front of him and he bumped it with his as he smiled widely at me making his eyes disappear.

Few hours later, mom and Johnny hyung were cooking dinner while I was in charge of setting the table.

"Mark, honey, why doesn't Lucas come over nowadays? Did you two got in to a fight?" Mom suddenly asked, I was busy eating my meal and I immediately look up to face her

"Ah no, I know he went to China for a family vacation. He'll be back once school starts." She nodded

"How about Koeunnie? And that other girl? Yeri is her name, right? How are they?" I suddenly blush hearing Koeun's name being mentioned.

"Yeri went on tour in Japan, as for Koeun... she's working as a part-time tutor for kids."

"Oh that's wonderful. She must really be goos at taking care of children."

I smiled and nodded, "I guess." She is like a mother to us and whenever Lucas and Yeri get into a fight she was always the one who initiate them to make up.

"Well I expect Lucas and Yeri to give us souveniers when they get back."

"I want one too." Johnny hyung said and we chuckled.

I love when we eat together like this. I can't even remember the last time we're in the same table together. I cherish this moments with them.

When night time falls, I sneakily went outside my house to go to my job. Johnny hyung would always hail a cab for me while I just wanted to take a bus. My shift starts at like 10PM and ends at around 5AM. It's not really crowded during those times.

"Ah there's my man." Taeil hyung, one of my co-workers greeted, I bowed and smiled at him as I snatched my hat and green apron to wear it.

"Good evening to you too, Taeil hyung."

"Just in time, as always Mark. Really, thanks for filling in this shift, I have a hard time staying awake at this time of hour."

Taeil hyung's shift was from morning but since 2 of his other co-workers went on a vacation leave, he was the only one left whole summer.