The Pitch Manor 7/7

B A Z

By the time the night is over, I am convinced I have successfully make Oli-Simon. Simon. I have successfully made Simon laugh that isn't forced out. It shouldn't excite me as much as it does.

He's laying across my legs and my hand constantly finds itself playing with his soft curls. They fall over his eye and I give into instincts and do all the things I've imagined. He's talking to Bunce about some weird spell that he's curious on, effectively hiding his own magic. I reach down and play with his fingers as he does, it makes something in me glimmer. It's horrible and shouldn't be possible.

Its an hour past midnight when we get up from the grass and push past excited guests coming out of the main doors. The atmosphere is so much more relaxed now that everyone has had some wine. Snow's hair is all ruffled from my fiddling and I reach up to flatten it out. He glares playfully at me while Penny rolls her eyes at him. Micah is talking to Agatha about all the different places he's been and which one he thinks that she would like best.

Everyone is tipsy on the moonlight and before I can even think it, Simon goes very, very still. Like he's seen a ghost. I follow his eye line, and even Bunce stops her blabbing to watch whatever it is he is looking at.

I know who it is without even asking Simon from the way his hand lets loose of mine and his back slouches like folding into a natural habit. He looks down at his shoes after accidentally catching the eye of the stranger. Heavy footsteps make way to us but I lose Simon in the mess of people. I catch sight of bronze curls way down the hall, entering the kitchen and make my way to him. Penny, Agatha, and Micah, though in the dark about what is happening, follow behind me.

I hear before I see something crash to the floor. It sounds like a metal and a cluster of noises follow behind it and then it's quiet. I peak through the doorway and see a flash of a dark green suit jacket before it disappears from my view. I push the door open all the way and go inside, without bothering to close it behind me. With my hands pushed into my pockets I saunter over to Simon who was propped up against a counter with his hands in fists like he was going to throw a punch at the man. I stand next to him but far away enough that if he feels the need to throw that punch, I could duck out beforehand.

"So now you think you're all that since you have friends. Darling, they don't last," The man retorted and his smirk was so horrendously disgusting that I didn't want to know what is beneath.

"Why are you here?" Simon questioned and his face was as blank as I'd ever seen it. Something in me went cold at his expression like he could do anything and not feels it.

"You should be happy to see me judging by the trouble your snarky ass caused. Can you imagine my surprise when I read the paper and saw that The Pitch Manor had a new boytoy? And my surprise when it was my own son? It's a new low even for you," Simon's father said. I think of everything Simon told me about him, all the details of his abuse and what he did with his magic to pry him away from his mother.

"Oliver huh? How did you come up with that Simon Oliver Snow? Aren't you just a little genius. Your mother would be so proud if you hadn't gotten in the way and killed her," I wanted to punch this man so bad my fingers ached with need.

"I saw the pathetic little thing you did for her in the background," He shakes his head, "Pathetic," And Simon punched his straight through the teeth.

It landed a bit off but David spits blood out onto the kitchen floor and looked at Simon in satisfaction for making the first punch. He went to lurch for Simon again but Simon grabbed for a wooden spoon. I through it out of his grasp and gave him a bigger metal one and he doesn't even hesitate to point it at David's heart.