Me Then VS. Me Now

In this part, I'll be comparing how I am now (age 16) to me at my very worst.

I've improved a lot since then, and you're about to see how.

I won't be comparing myself now to myself several years ago, because I had barely hit puberty then and I don't think that's a fair comparison. I'll be comparing myself now to myself when I was 15 around 7 or 8 months ago.

My body measurements then:

Height: 57"

Weight: 84lbs

Bust: 28"

Underbust: 26"

Waist: 22"

Hips at widest point: 30"

What I did then: 

I ate 1 to 1.5 meals a day amounting to 300-500 calories at the MAXIMUM. I didn't drink much water for fear of gaining water weight. I would skip breakfast, eat a granola bar for lunch, and eat a very small dinner... Yeah that was on a good day where I was "pigging out". On a bad day, I would skip breakfast and either lunch or dinner, sometimes both.

I was nauseous at night and at the end of the day because I didn't eat anything. I lost sleep due to this. I began to fall behind in school.

My periods became horribly painful and life-sucking because I had little to no nutrients stored for it. I became dizzy, began blacking out, and I had to leave school sometimes due to it. I would become faint upon standing and the room would begin to go black. 

It was a huge struggle just to get out of bed. I became depressed and anxious.

My body measurements now:

Height: 58"

Weight: 94lbs

Bust: 32"

Underbust: 27.5"

Waist: 22"

Hips at widest point: 33"

I've gained 10lbs since then, which given my small stature is a lot. I'm proud that I was able to get myself out of this struggle by myself. I had support from friends, but it was really me who realized what I was doing, how to fix it, and how to accept myself. Friends will say what friends say. They say you're beautiful the way you are, but at the end of the day that's not what matters. YOU need to think you're beautiful the way you are. 

What I do now:

I get up early, go outside and exercise, come in and have a healthy breakfast (usually cereal with fruit and tea.)

Next, I do some work (I'm homeschooled at the moment partially due to my anorexia recovery). I take a break, and practice Irish dancing. I do core and leg exercises. Then I do more work. After that, I have lunch. I eat protein, fruit/vegetables, and some water as well. I continue to drink water throughout the day. After this, I get more work done. I take a break and do arm and glute exercises. Seriously. I've gotten a much better butt since I started getting healthy (not to brag XD) At the end of the day, I eat a healthy dinner, drink more water, and go for a jog. Afterwards, I take a shower, brush my teeth, and go to bed.

I've got to say that I look and feel a lot better than I did when I was anorexic. I have more energy, I feel great, plenty of stamina, and my body is toned. Notice that my waist was still the same size before and after, but now I have a bigger bust and wider hips (I don't wanna say butt because sorry I'm awkward... sorry.)

Helping myself has probably been my best accomplishment so far. I've improved so much and I'm ready to help other people as well.

Please comment or PM me if you need help. Don't be nervous, I want to help anyone and everyone. You may not want help now, but I didn't either until something hit me. We'll talk about that in the next chapter.