Chapter 24

Finally.

I was straddling him my teeth digging into his neck enjoying the sweet taste of blood. His eyes began to slowly close and I barely had time to turn before something sharp slid through my back. Each piercing pain feeling like shards of glass digging deeper and deeper into me until a bright light exploded and I fell back in to unconsciousness. I finally welcomed death once and for all.

Or so I thought.....

I was running through a forest the smell of pine trees overloading my senses. The trees toppled high above my head this scene looked strangely familiar but the dots were connected when I stumbled into the center of a meadow. The same meadow I had been caught by Randall in. The same meadow I was turned in. The once dead brush now a lively almost fluorescent green. I stopped in the middle of the meadow forgetting why I was running or who I was running from. It was like being dropped in the center of an action movie and not knowing who the good guys are or the bad guys. My questions were answered when something grabbed my shoulder at rapid speed flinging me into a nearby tree. I let out a yelp and lay there my vision blurry trying to see who else was here with me. My vision finally unclouded and there in the center stood Dimitri and Randall. They seemed to be intensely fighting a couple of growls and what I thought were Russian cuss words, but Dimitri still refused to teach me so I wasn't quite sure. After a while of jagged punches and inaccurate  kicks on Randalls part Dimitri had him pinned down in seconds his stake raised. The whole forest went quiet as these final moments of battle came to a rapidly closing end.

"I know you won't do it," Randall said confidently. Well as confident as he could considering he was currently being held in a chokehold by his son.

"Oh yeah?" Dimitri said through gritted teeth, "we will see about that."

Just as Dimitri's stake came crashing down towards Randall's chest Randall flipped Dimitri over taking the stake with him as he pushed it towards Dimitris chest. Dimitri let out a strangled cry that matched my own as I screamed his name.

Randall durned his eyes practically glowing red as he stumbled over to where I was slouched against the tree. 

"Sorry it had to be this way Rosie," he said before his fangs reached my neck and all went black.

I sprung up for where I was laying an IV in my arm sending a numb sensation throughout my arm where it was injected. I didn't even get a good look at the room before I brought my knees to my chest and started to cry as memories of my time as a strigoi began to flow back into my memory. Arms wrapped around me and I pushed them away hurriedly standing up the IV ripping out of my arm.

There stood a young man. Handsome I might add with vibrant green eyes. And that shaggy hair. There seemed to be something familiar about it.

"Rosie?" He questioned as my jaw dropped. I ran over to him engulfing him in a hug as I began crying into his chest. I heard him light sob as well as we stood there in the middle of the room which appeared to have been a hospital room not only based on the fact the room was white from floor to ceiling.

A knock on the door caused us to hug each other tighter as we both sad down on the edge of the hospital bed enjoying each other's comfort. Lissa did it. She freed both of us from that prison we were in. The choices we made. We killed people. Moroi. Dhampirs. Humans. We were monsters I don't know how we would ever have a normal life again. Hell Dimitri is still fighting off his time as a strigoi and it's been months.

In came Vasilisa Dragomir and the rest of the core 5 well now 6 including Sydney. They walked over to us quietly remembering how Dimitri was when he first changed back. Dimitri. I looked over at him his eyes meeting mine for a split second before he turned away tears evidently in his eyes. My eyes moved across out group taking in their faces all with dried tears but I didn't know why.