Irreplaceable

I stayed looking at the girls who remained silent. They looked at each other not knowing how to start.

"Wait his actual name is Rio?" Ruby asked. You shook your head.

"No, but he's been called that since he was young so it kinda stuck" It was weird he's been called Rio since our adolescents though I dont know why he loves being called Rio instead of Christopher.

"Now that he's back are you gonna, you know," You twiddled with your ring, noticing it was becoming kinda loose by the number of times you touched it.

"No I'm happy here," The girls were unsure of your response. "I'm serious,"

---

"Honey, I know you told me business was great and I was just wond- No that sounds money hungry," You cursed at yourself, you were trying to figure out how to ask Jake to lend money to you to pay Rio back and he can leave you alone. "Babe I love you and I need money to get rid of a guy that I used to love but dont worry I dont miss him with every damn second," You shouted hitting the steering wheel.

"Okay, we could do this," You talked yourself up getting out of the car. You went up to his office waiting by the front desk. It was empty but the girl probably went to the bathroom so you let yourself in. The door beeped signaling for you to come in. You stopped as you saw him in his office talking to his secretary.

"Okay, just tell him you need some cash for the girls, he loves you enough," You took a step forward noticing his secretary getting closer. You tilted your head looking closer at them.

Jake smiled at her right before grabbing her by the thighs to push her on top of him. She was giggling to god knows what as she started touching his hair. He started kissing her neck, lifting her skirt. Este Hijo de puta.

You took a deep breath shaking your head. It was like he felt someone was staring cause he looked up catching you. He stood up shoving her to the side. You walked away before he could catch up to you, you didn't want to hear any excuse and you wouldn't accept any excuse.

It was only when you started driving did your heart start hurting. How could you let yourself be that blind? You kept driving, still wondering how you could help the girls. Tapping against the steering wheel had given you an idea as you drove into the parking lot.

---

Beth answered the door and you pushed her to the side entering her home. You grabbed the whiskey from her cabinet, placing the bag gently against the counter.

Beth wearingly grabbed the bag watching you as she opened the bag, her mouth almost falling, "Y/n how did you get this much money?"

"It's not everything but its a damn good start to hopefully getting rid of our problem," You know you weren't exactly involved in the problem, but the more Rio, the harder your life was.

"Y/n talk to me" Beth lifted the bourbon keeping it away from you. "You're not drinking anymore until you start talking,"

--

As you parked in front of your house you noticed all the lights were on. Why is he here? You contemplated even walking in, hell you can borrow some of Beth's clothes. Youll have to face him one day. You got out of your car before opening the front door.

No matter how quiet you'd be he heard you, "Hey welcome back!" He cheered drinking until the last drop of whiskey. You ignored heading to the stairs to grab your clothes. "No stay please" He ran to you blocking your path to the stairs.

"I dont want to talk to you now let me through" You hushed not wanting to let out your anger right now. He wouldn't even remember it. When he made no intention to move, you swerved under him trying to get away from him and his stench.

"But I miss you" His words slurred which only made you angrier. Twisting your arm, you ripped yourself free from his grasp, shoving him as far from you as you could.

"Dont touch me, you lost that right," It took him a second to comprehend what was happening, but by then you disappeared into the room.

"What the hell is the matter with you?" He stormed behind you his yells echoing through the house.

"Youre the one drinking," You admitted, rummaging your drawers to find clothes.

"No, you've been acting different this whole week, you aren't acting like the person I want to marry," The room fell quiet, Rio's words resonating to you. He never loved you. You stopped what you were doing to look at him.

"Im glad you said that," You clutched the duffel touching the doorknob. "Because youre, not the person I want to marry either," You walked out getting into your car.

As you sat in your car and the silence was finally surrounding you, you felt this huge wave of emotion rush you. You started laughing, which probably made you look crazy but you didn't care. You tried so hard being this perfect thing that you didn't even notice how trapped you truly felt, and now that you're free it's exhilarating

---

You were watching T.V in the living room when Beth entered. "I need you to go with me," You scoffed burying yourself inside the covers.

"No" She walked to block your view of the T.V, she had her arms crossed.

"please, y/n you guys have history," Too much history in your opinion. You were on a Rio cleanse right now. He was partial to blame on you being this way.

"exactly," You told her trying move past her figure.

"if you're there then maybe he won't kill me," She tried reasoning but it only made you smirk. Rio wouldn't kill her. Too much attention would be dragged into his world. Deep down Rio is still good ol' Chris.

"He's not gonna kill you," You defended. You soon gave up trying to watch your show. You looked at Beth who was now pouting.

"Ok fine im just terrified of him and you being there'll be a witness," She admitted. You could see it, kinda. The whole eagle tattoo and looks that could actually kill, vibe he has going on.

"What about Annie or Ruby?"

"They have kids to care for, "Damn those kids. You groaned admitting to defeat.

"If I go this time there will be no next time," You reasoned. She smiled, giving you a bear hug.

"Deal," You got up running to your bag to get clothes. One more time won't hurt you.

"Let me get dressed,"